Please apply on line for this vacancy using your eRecruiting profile with your CV attached.
Description of the job :
A position of Spacecraft Operations Engineer is open within Airbus Defence & Space in Toulouse. You will join the Functional Avionics (FA) Engineering and Lead department .
Functional Avionics (FA) engineering and development encompasses several complementary technical disciplines, spread on different TES departments ,to develop, validate and operate the on-board SW of our satellites:
- On-board SW engineering and development (SW running on on-board computer),
- AOCS engineering and development (Attitude and Orbit Control System),
- Operations (Ops) engineering and development (using Flight Operations Procedures, FOPs),
- FDIR engineering and implementation (Failure Detection, Isolation and Recovery),
- Database engineering (gathering functional and electrical data in a reference repository),
- Simulators engineering and development, supporting SW, Ops and AIT validation,
- Functional Validation (FV) engineering, through both numerical and HW-in-the-loop tests.
The department is responsible for driving the FA development of all satellites and spacecrafts under development in Toulouse, for all Airbus Defence & Space markets (Science, Earth Observation, Telecom, Orbital). It is also directly in charge of Spacecraft & System Operations engineering, Functional Validation, Database engineering and FDIR engineering.
As Spacecraft Operations Engineer of a given satellite or satellite family (product approach), you will be responsible for defining Operations and Command-Control management design solutions in support to the Spacecraft Operations Architect.
Task & accountabilities :
Your main tasks and responsibilities will include:
- Participating in the definition and implementation of the spacecraft operational architecture, command/control LEOP, routine activities definition,
- Adapting and developing nominal and contingency flight operational procedures (FOP) with MOIS or ASLAN tool,
- Managing FOP validation (in ASLAN or ELISA or TCL) on numerical simulator SYSTF and related validation report delivery,
- Participating in the Spacecraft SSUM (Space Segment User Manual) development and deliveries according to SW versions,
- Participating in project technical and progress meetings.
Business travels can be expected and consequently, you must be willing to travel accordingly.
Required skills :
You will have the following skills and experience:
- At least 5 years of experience in technical fields related to Spacecraft Operations, like typically: Space engineering related technical disciplines (Electrical, Thermal, FDIR, Operations, Software and Functional chain), Space systems, subsystems and equipment development,
- Familiarity with the ECSS operations related standards, especially the Telemetry and Telecommand Packet Utilisation Standard,
- Previous experience of Spacecraft Operations Command Control or FDIR preparation or SW activities or Spacecraft in flight operations would be appreciated,
- Systems Thinking - Lean in Engineering,
- Autonomy, able to work with minimum supervision,
- Result oriented mindset, proactive approach,
- Teamworking mindset, effective at working in a multi-disciplinary team,
- Good communication capabilities, towards customers and towards internal teams,
- Ability to take commitments, and to deliver on them,
- Language skills: negotiation level in English and French.
This job requires an awareness of any potential compliance risks and a commitment to act with integrity, as the foundation for the Company’s success, reputation and sustainable growth.
Company:2788 Airbus Defence and Space SAS
Contract Type:Permanent Contract / CDI / Unbefristet / Contrato indefinido
Experience Level:Professional / Expérimenté(e) / Professionell / Profesional
Job Family:Chief Engineering & Architecture
By submitting your CV or application you are consenting to Airbus using and storing information about you for monitoring purposes relating to your application or future employment. This information will only be used by Airbus.
Airbus is committed to achieving workforce diversity and creating an inclusive working environment. We welcome all applications irrespective of social and cultural background, age, gender, disability, sexual orientation or religious belief.