Job TitleConsultant Operations Management & Industry 4.0Job Description
In this role, you have the opportunity to
provide state of the art knowledge and advice to Operational Managers within the various Philips businesses as well as external companies on:
- Developing, ramping up and transforming manufacturing operations
- Leading project and program management in operational environments
- Managing implementations of operational excellence methodologies and digital technologies
- Viewing and developing industry 4.0 transformative opportunity including Industrial IoT, Advanced Analytics, and automation solutions across all core functions 1. Manufacturing, 2. Service Operations, 3. Procurement, 4. Supply Chain
You are responsible for
- Partner with clients to define and deliver on operational excellence and digital transformation, industry 4.0 in order to achieve rapid improvements in customer experience, innovation, revenue, and costs
- Aligning and setting up of projects plan & budget; prepare quotations & sales amount (value) for a customer; organize and execute activities in projects, according to organizational standards, guarding project results (both budget and customer satisfaction); lead projects, applying organizational Ways of Working, in teams to facilitate in-project learning.
- Work as advisor, or lead a team of consultants and client team members
- Actively leveraging your existing network, develop and maintain senior management level clients to pro-actively develop and convert new opportunities, acquiring work for yourself and other consultants
- Spot trends in industries and combine these with new competences to create new service propositions and improve our service propositions and portfolio
- Foresee developments in your competence area and develop new competences yourself and with colleagues
- Apply, maintain and extend the knowledge, expertise, and service propositions of the organization; define and participate in advanced competence development (ACD) projects; describe Best Practices and achievements in the organization; actively manage his area of competence
- Actively market yourself and our consulting team through being a keynote or speaking at seminars and through articles on-line and in key publications
- Actively sharing Best Practices and organizational programs
You are a part of
The department Industry Consulting at Philips Innovation Services is a dynamic group of approximately 70 consultants with a growth ambition. We work with leading clients in operationalizing their strategic ambitions in and across key areas of their business
In Operations Management we support Operational Managers in solving complex operational challenges, improving the productivity and quality of operations. We work with our clients on key aspects for success: strategy, road mapping, architecture, process improvement, lean and digital manufacturing implementations.
The Operations Management practice consists of a team of seasoned professionals combining the comprehensive business understanding with practical operations expertise. They have earned industry recognition during many years in the field.
To succeed in this role, you should have the following skills and experience
- Master’s degree in a technical or scientific discipline preferably complemented with Business education.
- 10+ years of experience in one of the key operations areas, such as manufacturing, service operations, engineering or supply chain.
- Of which 2 - 5 years of experience in a management consulting firm on operational excellence or digital operations projects.
- Experience in Operation Excellence, e.g. Lean transformation, TPM, Continuous Improvement, Design for excellence, Design for Six Sigma (DfSS), V-model, Agile, Scrum, Scaled Agile, FMEA (Failure Mode Effects Analysis), DMAIC, Performance Management System, Kaizen, Black Belt with sharp analytical skills, Change Management.
- Experience in Industry 4.0/Digital in Operations, e.g. Advanced Analytics Big Data, statistical analysis, predictive/prescriptive modeling, Industrial Internet of Things (IIoT) sensors, machine to machine connectivity, Automation collaborative robots, control systems, Manufacturing Execution Systems, Software integration, 3D modelling, etc.
- Experience in project leadership in Operations environment.
- Self-propelling personality with strong consulting and interpersonal skills with the ability to gain trust, influence, persuade, and build strong relationships
- Ability to work collaboratively in a team environment and effectively with people at all levels in an organization
- Customer oriented mindset connecting easily to your clients and stakeholders through strong and compelling communication.
- Mobile and excited to take on short or longer international assignments
- Ability to communicate complex ideas effectively, both verbally and in writing, in English, Dutch or other local languages
In return, we offer you
A path towards your most rewarding career. Succeeding in this market-based role in a complex environment will open many doors for your long term career, in other areas in Philips or otherwise. We also believe that we are at our best as a company when you are at yours as a person. Thus, we offer competitive health benefits, a flexible work schedule and access to local well-being focused activities. Furthermore, Philips University is available to all employees for learning and development opportunities.
Why should you join Philips?
Working at Philips is more than a job. It’s a calling to create a healthier society through meaningful work, focused on improving 3 billion lives a year by delivering innovative solutions across the health continuum. Our people experience a variety of unexpected moments when their lives and careers come together in meaningful ways. Learn more by watching this video.
To find out more about what it’s like working for Philips at a personal level, visit the Working at Philips page on our career website, where you can read stories from our employee blog. Once there,you can also learn about our recruitment process, or find answers to some of the frequently asked questions.
If you have any other questions regarding the recruitment process please refer to our FAQs. In case of technical difficulties with the website, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
(Note: To ensure fairness and legal compliance in our recruitment processes, only technical issues will be monitored through the above inbox. Please do not submit resumes or applications to this email, as they will not be reviewed. Only applications received through the online application process will be considered.)
Your application will be forwarded to email@example.com
Please review all application instructions before applying.