An exciting career opportunity for a 3-year contract within an International CRO are available for an experienced Research Operational Manager within the Biosciences Department at ILRI International, based in Nairobi (Kenya).
The International Livestock Research Institute (ILRI) seeks to recruit a Research Operations Manager to be responsible for the management of Research Operations under the ILRI’s newly developed Contract Research Organization (CRO) unit.
ILRI works to improve food and nutritional security and reduce poverty in developing countries through research for efficient, safe, and sustainable use of livestock. It is the only one of 15 CGIAR research centres dedicated entirely to animal agriculture research for the developing world. Co-hosted by Kenya and Ethiopia, it has regional or country offices and projects in East, South and Southeast Asia as well as Central, East, Southern and West Africa
Primary Job Purpose:
• Manage and oversee all aspects of Research Operations and ensure compliance to the Quality Management System, the Animal Care and Use Program, and project budgets and timelines.
• Expand and improve the site research activities through innovation, development, and customer focus.
Job Specific Duties and Responsibilities:
• Provide research leadership through strategic and operation implementation aligned to Organization objectives.
• Conduct and oversee clinical research studies.
• Comprehension of clinical study plan/ protocols and clinical research.
• Plan and manage resources needed to conduct studies effectively.
• Oversee and monitor the management of research operations team objectives.
• Establish and promote working relations with sponsor representatives.
• Act as Study Director/ Investigator.
• Execute, if needed, study related tasks and activities according to Study Plan/ Protocol.
• Form part of the CRO management team with input on risk management, operational strategies, and compliance,
• Manage the department’s and/or service line’s compliance to accreditation, legal, and regulatory requirements.
• Manage reporting employees with the intent to promote a culture that reflects the organization’s values, encourages good performance and rewards productivity.
• Oversee and manage department is and/or service line’s resources within budget guidelines.
• Manage team timelines according to project plans and team goals.
• And any other duties that may be assigned to you.
Academic and Professional Qualifications and Experience:
• A PhD in Life Sciences and 5-7 years’ research and business management experience,
• An Applied Science Degree and at least 10-12 years’ relevant research management experience, combined with an extensive research project record.
• Expertise in animal health, animal welfare, biosecurity, bio-safety issues, and the 3Rs (Refine, Replace and Reduce) concept associated with animal health research.
• Expertise in VICH GCP and GLP.
• Experience in leading multi-disciplinary teams.
ILRI offers a competitive salary and benefits package which includes medical insurance, life insurance and allowances for: education, housing, home leave, and annual holiday entitlement of 30 days + public holidays.
Closing Date of Vacancy:
Open until filled.
Qualified women applicants are encouraged to apply.
The Organization may perform relevant checks on all applicants applying for positions, as is relevant to the position.
The Organisation complies with local and international data protection and privacy legislation. This includes transparency in the processing of personal information processed about job applicants during the recruitment process. By applying for this position, applicants agree to the processing of their personal data in accordance with our recruitment procedure and Privacy Notice available from our website.