Digital transformation is well under way at Candriam: Candriam#Next. Expansion of Microsoft Azure services, configuration of the future INES workstation, transition to ultra-mobility and application virtualisation are just some examples of the everyday challenges we face.
Candriam is now seeking a new head of IT to lead the team in charge of IT infrastructure and operations and who will report directly to the head of IT production services.
The Candriam environment is one where initiative is welcome and where open-mindedness is key to the smooth functioning of the company.
The ideal candidate will be:
- an experienced manager with proven technological skills, capable of developing and implementing the plethora of solutions delivered by various IT suppliers, and who has already worked with Azure.
- Capable of operating in a global company, in a multi-site and multi-lingual environment. Based in Brussels, they can expect to make frequent trips to Paris and the occasional visit to Luxembourg.
- Confident enough to challenge the technical and financial proposals made by external IT suppliers.
- An experienced and successful resource manager and task allocator.
- Capable of designing/analysing and advising on complex technical set-ups and of tracking technological trends.
- Closely manage IT operations alongside strategic suppliers, while monitoring outsourced activities and organising internal execution.
- Take charge of the interoperability of the strategic partners’ infrastructure and the applications managed by Candriam in the Cloud.
- Cultivate operational relationships with IT suppliers.
- Implement and monitor SLAs and KPIs with IT suppliers.
- Manage all IT-infrastructure-related technical studies and tenders, and validate the technical solutions needed to carry out business and technical projects with the IT suppliers in question.
- Define the long-term strategy for IT infrastructure across all domains, in particular, as regards storage, the network, virtualisation, final-user hardware/systems directly linked to the commercial strategy and digital initiatives.
- Monitor current and future developments of the IT infrastructure.
- Propose innovative hosting solutions; develop Azure-driven initiatives.
- Help business units manage solutions in SaaS mode.
- Work closely with the Architecture and Security teams to coordinate all needs and solutions, adopting a multi-disciplinary approach.
Required Skills & Competencies
- At least 10 years’ experience in IT, in a distributed environment.
- At least 5 years’ experience managing a team in a multi-cultural environment.
- Operational experience of Azure
- Knowledge of the financial sector would prove most useful
- English: professional knowledge
- French: professional knowledge
- Dutch: is a plus
- Good communicator (spoken, written)
- Environment: Windows, AIX/Linux, SLQ Server/Oracle, Citrix, Network, End-user devices, Mobile, Microsoft AZURE
Please send your application to email@example.com .