Our Client, a HPSU Medical device Company in Galway is seeking an Operations Manager. Reporting directly to the CEO, you will develop, build out and manage the Company’s Operations Function.
The Company currently sources components from various suppliers and outsources all of its production to a manufacturing partner based in the EU. The Operations Manager is responsible for managing the outsourced manufacturing and supply chain activities of the Company. This includes but is not limited to transfer from R&D to production, component management, supplier and partner management, inventory and supply chain management, COGS optimisation and transfer from manufacturing to customer sites based on sales order requirements.
The Operations Manager will over time build a strong operations team from the ground-up in accordance with Company plans. They will hire and oversee a growing Operations team and ensure they are properly resourced and developed to achieve company targets.
The Operations Manager will also be expected to grow and develop with the Company. It is envisaged that the Operations Function will in time be managed by a Director of Operations and the Operations Manager will be expected to be a strong candidate in that process.
Responsibilities / Duties
- Set up, lead and develop the Company’s Operations, manage inventory and production to ensure products are manufactured and delivered to market on time and in line with forecasts & orders, in the most efficient manner possible.
- Lead the Company's outsourced manufacturing activities to ensure maximum effectiveness is achieved in the production of high quality products in a timely and cost effective manner
- Accountable to ensure products meet or exceed expected quality standards and any applicable regulatory requirements
- Manage all aspects of capacity planning, manufacturing & product delivery
- Manage new product qualification, introduction and ramp-up to high volume supply
- Manage and drive Supply & Logistics partners to achieve delivery and COGS to set targets, whilst at all times maintaining the appropriate quality standards.
- Propose, negotiate with and qualify new suppliers for existing and new/future products.
- Propose, prepare and execute initiatives to constantly improve production capability, quality, cost-reduction, inventory management and customer service goals.
- Manage global logistics including maintaining a positive relationship with all partners while at the same time driving costs, timelines and standards.
- Ensure that all manufacturing activities are in compliance with quality and regulatory requirements.
- Manage and supervise new R&D products transition to manufacturing.
- Maintain a close relationship with R&D with a particular focus around ensuring that COGS and manufacturability feedback is incorporated into new product design.
- Working with the external supply, manufacturing and logistics partners, achieve operational excellence in terms of cost, supply, quality, and yield.
- Understand the Company’s market and sales process to ensure that there is a smooth and transparent relationship between Operations and the Sales Organisation.
- Integrate with and participate in cross-functional teams bringing Operations expertise to bear across the Company.