Posting Date: May 25, 2020
Primary Location: Americas-Canada-Quebec-Montreal
Morgan Stanley is a global financial services firm and a market leader in investment banking, securities, investment management and wealth management services. With offices in more than 43 countries, the people of Morgan Stanley are dedicated to providing our clients the finest thinking, products and services to help them achieve even the most challenging goals.
As a market leader, the talent and passion of our people is critical to our success. We embrace integrity, excellence, team work and giving back.
The Technology division partners with our business units and leading technology companies to redefine how we do business in ever more global and dynamic financial markets.
Our sizeable investment in technology results in leading-edge tools, software, and systems. Our insights, applications, and infrastructure give a competitive edge to clients’ businesses—and to our own.
Enterprise Technology & Services (ETS) delivers shared technology services for the Firm supporting all business applications and end users. ETS provides capabilities for all stages of the Firm’s software development lifecycle, enabling productive coding, functional and integration testing, application releases, and ongoing monitoring and support for over 3,000 production applications.
ETS also delivers all workplace technologies (desktop, mobile, voice, video, productivity, intranet/internet) in integrated configurations that boost the personal productivity of our employees. Application and end user services are delivered on a scalable, secure, and reliable infrastructure composed of seamlessly integrated datacenter, network, compute, cloud, storage, and database services.
The Middleware Infrastructure L3 support team is part of the EC Data Services Organization at Morgan Stanley. The team manages and supports a variety of products/applications including MQ, Gemfire and Kafka.
This position is for a Level3 support role with global responsibility for managing and providing support for these middleware products in Morgan Stanley with on call coverage to handle production escalations.
The successful candidate will be involved in day to day handling of change, incidents, escalations and problem management. This includes application server administration. Technical troubleshooting of infrastructure and user incidents. Server and application deployments and task automation to streamline manual processes and replace them with automated ones, build tools to performance administrative activities on the plant and enable users view, self-service for tasks they can perform themselves
Main job responsibilities include:
- Production Management for MQ, Gemfire and Kafka plants
- Deep-diving into complex troubleshoots, implementing changes, and serving as an escalation point for the Level 2 teams.
- Creating and maintaining best practices / policies and ensuring that they are followed.
- Work with External vendors and internal Project Managers to develop the execution for changes.
- Participate in the weekly Review meetings and actively engage with various engineering teams to review the infrastructure.
- Actively participate in the weekly Change meetings to explain their changes and answer any questions from the change board.
- Incident and Problem management
- Built automation to replace manual tasks with tools.
- Built tools to enable self service operations by application users and L1/2 staff to reduce the overhead involved in day to day operations.
- At least 5 years of relevant experience
- Experience with Unix or Linux
- Python, Bash or Perl scripting experience
- Web portal development using python/java script etc.
- Knowledge of MQ or Kafka
- Knowledge of RDBMS concepts and SQL knowledge
- Strong team spirit and relationship management skills, customer focused
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Strong organizational skills and the ability to manage multiple tasks and high pressure situations for outage handling, management or resolution
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Engineering or Electronics Engineering or similar preferred
Knowledge of French and English are required.
The position is for our location at 111 Robert-Bourassa Boulevard, Montreal, QC H3C 2M1.
Salary and Benefits:
Salary offered: $85,000 to $100,000 per year.
Benefits offered: A corporate medical, dental and life insurance as well as short-term and long-term disability insurance plans, 4 weeks of vacation per year, 6% RRSP matching up to an annual cap of $8,000.
Morgan Stanley is an equal opportunities employer. We work to provide a supportive and inclusive environment where all individuals can maximize their full potential.