Job Title : Operator I
General Summary : To manufacture cord assemblies using latest processes and machines that meet all technical and quality standards while taking due cognizance of cost, scrap and waste considerations.
Duties & Responsibilities :
- Working from route sheets, drawings, Work or Sales Orders carry out the following:-
Retrieve components, tools, materials and consumables from designated areas and set up work area as required.
- Operate cutting machine to cut cordage to required lengths and within required tolerances.
- Prepare cordage using appropriate tools
- Assemble/install various connectors to a variety of cordage lengths.
- Perform jointing operations as required.
- Pack cords securely into boxes/cartons & identify appropriately.
- Perform preventive maintenance & breakdown (within scope) maintenance on cord assembly manufacturing equipment as required.
- Change dies and tooling on presses and cutting machines as and when required
- Reject defective/non confirming cords/components and identify the same as per the standard procedures.
- Fill in necessary paperwork and do SAP transactions as required.
- Update all reports, log sheets, spares list etc. as required
- Assemblers are responsible for the quality and quantity of their own work using self inspection.
- Performs other relevant duties as requested by Team leader/Process Engineer/Supervisor/Management as appropriate
- Operate and maintain Zebra printers
a. Check work order details to ensure any special markings or requirements are adhered to:
Maintain quality standards to meet ISO 9001
Assist Engineering with experimental work if required
- Responsible for departmental safety and housekeeping
- Environmental - adhere to materials recycling procedures
JUDGMENTS AND DECISIONS:
- Self inspection of raw material and finished goods at various stages.
- Ability to reject non confirming material.
Qualification : 12th Preferably Vocational / ITI
Experience : 2 years of relevant experience
Knowledge – Knowledge of computers is an advantage. Should know to use hand tools, do conversions from metric to English, ability to interpret drawings.
Skills – high manual dexterity, hand to eye co-ordination, Colour recognition essential.
- a high degree of flexibility is essential due to the nature/variance of the work
- A willingness to undertake additional developmental training as required
Please continue with your application