Every day, Global Payments makes it possible for millions of people to move money between buyers and sellers using our payments solutions for credit, debit, prepaid and merchant services. Our worldwide team helps over 3 million companies, more than 1,300 financial institutions and over 600 million cardholders grow with confidence and achieve amazing results. We are driven by our passion for success and we are proud to deliver best-in-class payment technology and software solutions. Join our dynamic team and make your mark on the payments technology landscape of tomorrow.
Global Payments is the parent company for TSYS, Netspend, Heartland, TouchNet, OpenEdge, Xenial, Greater Giving, ACTIVE Network, and AdvancedMD. Headquartered in Georgia with over 24,000 employees worldwide, Global Payments is a member of the S&P 500 with worldwide reach spanning over 100 countries throughout North America, Europe, Asia Pacific and Latin America. For more information, visit globalpaymentsinc.com and follow Global Payments on Twitter (@globalpayments), LinkedIn and Facebook.
What is your role going to be?
• Writing high performance PL/SQL and programming with other DB objects.
• Creating & administering database objects including tables, indexes, views, sequences, procedures and database replication.
• Data Mining, Data Analytics using tools like Oracle DataMiner, RapidMiner, R – Programming.
• SQL Tuning, Query Optimization using Explain Plan and other tools
• Leading and solving technical roadblocks of a developers.
What are we looking for?
• Should have very strong experience in SQL query writing
• Very Strong PL SQL experience
• Good exposure to Performance Tuning
• Good to have knowledge about basic DBA activities
• Should have excellent problem solving and analytical skills
• Should familiar with version control tools
• Should familiar with agile development methodology.
• Should have experience in database design
* Good Verbal and Written communication skills
* Work on analysis of production issues and provide possible solutions for that.
* Ability to create process oriented technical team and lead the development efforts for a team.
* Contribute towards automation and Continuous Integration efforts running within team.
What might also help?
• Proficient in Oracle SQL (Complex Queries, Joins, Analytical Functions)
• Proficient in Oracle PLSQL (Functions, Procedures, Types)
• Should have good exposure to Advanced PLSQL concepts.
• Should have worked on Performance Tuning of queries and stored routines.
• Good to have Oracle PLSQL Certification
• Able to lead a team of developers
Not Ready to Apply? Join Our Talent Community!!
TSYS is an equal opportunity employer (EOE) committed to employing a diverse workforce and sustaining an inclusive culture..
Qualified individuals with disabilities may be entitled to reasonable accommodations to assist in their pursuit of employment with TSYS. This includes assistance in completing the job application (online or otherwise) and reasonable accommodations during the hiring process. For assistance with reasonable accommodations needed to apply for a job, please contact the TSYS Pay and Benefits Center between 8 a.m. and 7 p.m. Eastern Monday-Friday at +1.706.644.8747 or +1.877.644.8747 or email at PayandBenefits@tsys.com.
Outside of US Applicants:
TSYS is committed to diversity and equal opportunities for everyone. We are committed to ensuring that all job applicants and team members are treated equally, without discrimination because of gender, sexual orientation, marital or civil partner status, gender reassignment, race, colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin, religion or belief, disability, age or any other characteristic prohibited by law. For more information, please refer to our Code of Business Conduct and Ethics, found here.