This position is for a Principal Software Engineer to the established Oracle Database Exadata support team. The successful candidate will be located in India. The team’s main responsibility is to troubleshoot & resolve highly complex technical issues on Oracle Exadata spanning across database areas including Real Application Clusters, High Availability, Data Guard, Corruption, Backup and Recovery, RMAN, ZDLRA, Performance, Memory Management, Parallel query, Query tuning, Storage, ASM, Golden Gate, Replication, Security, Networking, Enterprise Manager etc. The Engineer should have good hands on experience on UNIX, Linux and/or Solaris platforms. The selected candidates are expected to work in partnership with customers, other support engineers and developers to deliver a superior ownership experience to the customer. The selected candidate will have opportunities to become an Expert / Guru in Database & Exadata technologies. The candidate will be widely regarded as a subject matter expert in their current role and will demonstrate the ability to resolve complex problems or identify acceptable workarounds. He/she should be able to perform their assigned duties with a great degree of independence requiring minimal direction. The Engineer is expected to be a key member of the technical problem solving as well as problem avoidance team, routinely sought after to address extremely complex, critical customer issues.
The main role of a Support engineer is to troubleshoot highly complex technical problems (Oracle Database & Exadata) requiring high level of technical expertise
Who are we looking for?
- Technical degree i.e. BE / B.Tech / M.Tech / MCA / M.Sc. in Computer Science / Management Information Systems / Engineering / Math / Physics / Chemistry or proven professional and technical experience.
- Greater than 10 years of industry experience
We are looking for a core technical person, who has hands-on Database administration experience on UNIX/Linux and/or worked as L3 level support engineer and/or having equivalent knowledge. You should have expertise in Exadata, Real Application Cluster (RAC), Dataguard & ASM/Storage areas. Operating systems expertise / SA &general awareness on rest of the areas mentioned below, will be an added advantage
- Database architecture knowledge and administration
- Experience with clustering technologies from different vendors
- Thorough understanding of the Oracle database features
- Extensive hands on interaction with large Database management systems
- ZDLRA, Backup and Recovery, RMAN, knowledge of various restore and recovery scenarios.
- Performance Tuning, Parallel query, Query tuning
- Database Security
- Golden Gate & Replication
- Enterprise Manager
- General UNIX/Linux concepts & Administration
- Managing Kernel Parameters, Partitioning and File systems
Job Type: Regular Employee Hire