Oracle Public Sector | Pre-Sales Enterprise Solution Strategist
Location based role: Quebec
Bilingual French / English is a big plus
Approximately 25% travel when required
Do you have passion for technology? The curiosity and willingness to learn new skills, work with new tools and discover new and innovative approaches to solving complex technical challenges?
Seeking Senior Pre-Sales Solution Engineers with a passion for cloud concepts and system integration that can support customer facing engagements. Those who excel in this role are motivated self-starters who love to solve challenging problems and feel comfortable working directly with customers. They exhibit a strong sense of self-motivation and an insatiable curiosity about what “is possible” with technology. The primary focus of a Solutions Engineer is to become an expert in a core set of Oracle solutions and to present the value proposition and benefits of our solutions to our partners, customers, and internally to our sales force.
About the role:
As a Pre-Sales Enterprise Strategist, you will be responsible for:
- Conducting discovery sessions with customers to understand their current IT landscape and challenges, and future objectives and goals. Analyze customer’s solution needs’ and requirements in context of their currently deployed technology architecture for ongoing and new projects.
- Design and deliver complex technical solution architectures involving Oracle’s on-premises technology and Oracle’s Public Cloud Solutions (PaaS – Platform as a Service / IaaS - Infrastructure as a Service) or Hybrid Cloud Solutions.
- Contribute technical and product information in response Request for Proposals (RFP) & Requests for Information (RFI).
- Deliver deep dive Oracle technology presentations and product demonstrations focusing on the detailed feature-set capabilities and highlighting the business value of the solution to customers.
- Perform advanced level custom demos of Oracle technology solutions for both on-premises technology products and cloud services specifically tailored to uses cases based on the customer requirements.
- Design and deliver Proof of Concept (PoC) and technical trial engagements to articulate and evangelize the depth and value of Oracle’s products & solutions.
- Provide Post-Deal support by assisting and advising customers during the software implementation phase especially for complex installation and configuration scenarios.
- Act as a technical liaison between customers, service engineering teams and product support – My Oracle Support (MOS) in the event of critical production issues.
- Provide training and mentorship to junior sales consultants on complex solution architectures, advanced product features and deployment scenarios.
- Provide training to Sales Reps. on the functions, features and capabilities of newly announced products & services as well as enhancements in existing products and services.
- BS degree or equivalent.
- Cloud implementation or architecture expertise: preferably with Oracle Cloud/OCI or related technologies such as Amazon Web Services AWS, MS Azure, Google Cloud.
- Any Cloud certifications are a strong plus
- 3+ years relevant computer applications or database/tools experience.
- Oracle product experience highly desirable.
- Job duties are varied and complex, needing independent judgment.
- May have project lead role.
- Demonstrated proficiency in multi-user operating system through knowledge of system and application design.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to travel as needed; approximately 25% of the time.
At Oracle, we don’t just value differences—we celebrate them. We’re committed to creating a workplace where all kinds of people work together. We believe innovation starts with diversity and inclusion.
[...] direction and specialist knowledge in applying the technology/application to client business. Facilitation of customer product/application understanding through presentations demonstrations and benchmarks; provision of support throughout the sell.
As a Principal Sales Consultant you will be responsible as the expert for formulating and leading presales technical / functional support activity to prospective clients and customers while ensuring customer satisfaction. Acts as a technical resource and mentor for less experienced Sales Consultants. Focuses on large or complex sales opportunities that need creative and complex solutions. Develops productivity tools and training for other Sales Consultants. Develops and delivers outstanding Oracle presentations and demonstrations. Leads any and all aspects of the technical sales process. Advises internal and external clients on overall architect solutions.
Leading contributor individually and as a team member, providing direction and mentoring to others. Work is non-routine and very complex, involving the application of advanced technical/business skills in area of specialization. 3 years vendor (sales and marketing) experience. 7 years business experience with relevant computer applications or database/tools. Ability to implement the most advanced product features. Thorough knowledge of system and application design. In depth knowledge of competitors. Demonstrated project management skills. Demonstrated excellent verbal and written communication skills: needs analysis, positioning, business justification, closing techniques. Ability to persuade others through presentations, demonstrations, and written communication. Ability to travel as needed. A/BS degree or equivalent, advanced degree highly desirable.
Job: Pre Sales
Travel: Yes, 25 % of the Time
Job Type: Regular Employee Hire