Company Generac Power Systems
Name Paint Technician I- 1st Shift
Req # 56407
Location Trenton CORP
Employment Type Full Time
The Paint Technician I is responsible for operating, troubleshooting and maintaining Level I Components of the Powder Coat Paint System to manufacture products in a cost effective and timely manner, while fulfilling quality standards. The Paint Technician I will complete all clean-up, housekeeping and general maintenance procedures associated with Paint Booth Components, comply with all safety, quality and work rules and regulations including wearing all appropriate PPE.
- High school diploma or equivalent
- 1 year of Powder Coat Paint manufacturing experience, including knowledge of Powder Coat Paint processes, automation or related experience
Knowledge and Skills :
· Detail oriented and organized.
· Ability to effectively communicate in a team environment.
· Accepts responsibility for own actions, follows through on commitments.
- Ability to understand and execute basic preventative maintenance procedures, interpret basic visual diagrams, and use basic hand tools.
· Understanding of electronics, mechanics and basic computer knowledge.
· Ability to perform basic reading, writing, and math functions.
· Demonstrated experience in root cause problem solving (5 Why, 8D, PDCA, etc.).
· The ability to understand control Plans and Execute Reaction plans and troubleshoot guides and flow diagrams
· The ability to read and understand Engineering prints, equipment schematics and drawings.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand. The employee frequently is required to use hands to manipulate objects, tools or controls and talk or hear. The employee is regularly required to walk; stoop; crouch; bend and reach above shoulders. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 50 pounds unassisted and up to 100 pounds with assistance, waist high, up to 10 feet away. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision and depth perception. Temperatures can vary from cool to warm depending upon the season. The employee must comply with the assigned location PPE requirements including but not limited to safety glasses, hearing protection, appropriate gloves, clothing and shields for required tasks and closed toed or safety shoes as required by facility safety policies.
“We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.”