To register your interest in this role, please do apply directly. Although there is no immediate requirement, we are continuously on the lookout for outstanding Talent for future deployment
AMI Expeditionary Healthcare is a novel healthcare support organization. Since our inception, we have delivered over 5,000 medical personnel and countless healthcare solutions to over 70 clinical and hospital settings on four continents. AMI is fast-growing providing COVID response to domestic and remote areas. We are seeking dedicated health care professionals as independent contractors to support our commitment to saving lives.
As a Paramedic you will represent AMI Expeditionary Healthcare as a front-line medical provider at an AMI medical facility. This position requires working on the deployment of ambulances, medical evacuations, and at client locations as required.
In addition, the individual must be comfortable working in an under-resourced environment with minimal backup. This position provides the individual with the unique opportunity to build a comprehensive first responder community that will serve as a model for future health system strengthening in the country.
- Active license to practice
- Certificate of training – current certification in EMTS or ATLS, ACLS, Pre-Hospital Trauma Life Support (PHTLS), Emergency Pediatric Care (EPC), Pediatric Education for Pre-Hospital Professionals (PEPP), Basic Cardiac Life Support (BCLS)
- Valid ID (passport or driver’s license)
- Qualified as an Intensive Care Paramedic or Critical Care Paramedic
- Current Certificate to Practice or Authority to Practice or equivalent Home country registration.
- Sufficient recent clinical experience as a Paramedic in the last 12 months commensurate with the role.
- Minimum 5 years’ experience as an Intensive Care or Critical Care Paramedic / Emergency Nurse
- Experience operating in high-stress regions experiencing conflict or sudden onset disasters
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to pass a background check and drug test
- Ability to pass a fit test
- Ability to stand for an extended period
- Ability to push, pull or lift with assistance up to 150 pounds
- Deliver professional health services including provision of Paramedic and Emergency Services which adhere to the facilities’ policies and procedures.
- Available twenty-four (24) hours a day, seven (7) days a week, primarily but not exclusively for Resuscitative and emergency paramedic services.
- Ensure operational readiness of emergency paramedic service, instruments and medical and personal equipment.
- Provide ground ambulance transport of patients for AMEs
- Assist with sterilization and maintenance of surgical instruments/equipment.
- Assist with orientation for incoming paramedic reliever and ensure proper handover of responsibilities.
- Work in accordance with posted rostering and maintain approved training standards as required.
- Assist in the general day to day operations of the facility as required such as inventory of medication and re-stock orders.
- Conduct a check of the Controlled Drugs when on shift.
- Train and work in a designated role within the facility’s trauma system, which is based on Advanced Trauma Life Support (ATLS).
- Ensure that highest standards of clinical governance in the provision of Paramedic, Primary Care, Resuscitative and Emergency Services.
- Deliver professional health services including provision of Resuscitative and Emergency Services and Primary Care Services which adhere to the facilities’ policies and procedure.
- Supporting the Practice Manager positively as a willing contributor to working in a team environment.
- Ensure operational readiness of Resuscitative and Emergency Services and equipment including personal equipment.
- Provide medical assessments and reports for AME patients
- Stay within restricted boundaries when responding to the on-call requirements.
- Attend or present training and briefing sessions when and as directed.
- Operate within the context of the facility’s Mass Casualty Incident Plan in designated role, or in other roles as directed by the Practice Manager.
- The Paramedic must always comply with AMIs Policies and Procedures and Code of Conduct.
The job duties are flexible and subject to change dependent upon operational needs.
AMI provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.