Find what drives you on a team with a more than 70-year history of discovery, determination, and innovation. As a global leader in high-tech filtration, separation, and purification, Pall Corporation thrives on helping our customers protect people. Our products serve a wide range of markets, so if your interests lie along the spectrum of Life Sciences to Industrial, you’ll find a rewarding role here. For the exponentially curious, Pall is a place you can thrive and amplify your impact on the world.
Pall is proud to work alongside a community of nine fellow Danaher Life Sciences operating companies. Together, we’re pioneering the future of science and medicine, developing products that enable researchers in the fight to save lives.
Pall Corporation - Associate Experience
[...] Proud: LinkedIn Page:
Summary of the role:
The Payroll function is responsible for successfully delivering accurate and timely payroll for our business in compliance with Indian laws and reporting requirements. You are the face of payroll that supports all employees and works closely with other HR functions, control partners, payroll and compliance vendors. We seek a talented and dynamic individual who has a control and compliance mindset with the ability to keep pace with the changing regulatory environment. You will inherit a function that is still evolving, which will require you to be hands-on in your approach. You will support a relatively small sized client group, but with complex challenges.
Specific Responsibilities that you would own:
A. Payroll Management, Statutory Compliances & Benefits Administration
- Deliver accurate and timely payroll every month; Monitor vendor KPI and hold monthly review with payroll vendor, quarterly review with statutory compliance vendor
- Report any control issue on a timely basis to direct reporting manager with resolutions
- Run quarterly, half-yearly and annual processes: new payroll calendar, annual closing, taxation reconciliation, actuarial valuation and Benefits renewal, annual leave system closure and launch, etc.
- Execute annual merit increases, bonus payments in the local payroll system while aligning on the approach with local HRMs and global C&B, where needed
- Strive for operational excellence: lookout for ideas to increase performance, maintain a customer service focus to resolve queries from employees, other HR functions and control partners as well as external parties such as local tax authority, payroll vendors, etc.
- Define, improve and implement Payroll related reporting and metrics for enhanced decision making
B. Annual Budgeting and Audit
- Work closely with finance to ensure adequate monthly provisions and sufficient funds for a payroll run
- Support salary budgeting for the business at an all India level
- Lead and support monthly, quarterly, annual compliance audits and any internal reviews
C. Policy Definition and Process Management
- Define and document payroll and benefit related policies, practices and reporting
- Lead and manage vendor transitions, consolidation or services from action planning to employee communication and process launch
- Identify key processes that can be centralized and managed by leveraging existing systems or vendor relationships e.g. on-boarding or exit process management
- Uphold SLAs with our external partner(s) and engage with them on improvement measures to further streamline hand-offs between partners, improve accuracy and associate communication.
- Define SLAs with our internal Stakeholder group across HR, Finance, Business & Function Head, establishing clear protocols for when a query managed and escalation protocol
D. Communication & Stakeholder Management
- Conduct monthly on-boarding calls, help desks and communication with exiting employees. - Provide regular updates for office-wide meetings, assist with ad hoc projects.
- Enable resolution for employee escalations that are received on payroll, compliances or benefits
- Engage the key stakeholder group of HR, Business Partners and also Finance Controllers, on progress made on key imperatives and against the annual shared services plan
When you join us, you’ll also be joining Danaher’s global organization, where 68,000 people wake up every day determined to help our customers win. As an associate, you’ll try new things, work hard, and advance your skills with guidance from dedicated leaders, all with the support of powerful Danaher Business System tools and the stability of a tested organization.
Danaher is committed to a diverse and inclusive culture where everyone feels they belong, and all voices are heard. We believe in our associates and the unique perspectives they bring to every challenge, which is why we’ll empower you to push the boundaries of what’s possible. Danaher Corporation and all Danaher Companies are equal opportunity employers that evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, age, marital status, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or other characteristics protected by law.
- Knowledge of payroll principles, practices and procedures in India.
- 6-10 years of proven HR operations experience including payroll in a fast-paced environment
- Experience of working in a global MNC & a matrixed working environment
- Experience with payroll tax, benefits, statutory compliances including analyzing processes and controls, planning improvements, leading changes, payroll migration and managing priorities.
- Experience and familiarity with Workday would be an added advantage
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills; willing to learn and assist others.
- Result oriented, high on initiative with a need to deliver on time
- Sense of urgency, attention to detail and quality standards
- Ability to build and effectively manage interpersonal skills at all levels of the company
- Ability to handle confidential data while maintaining high levels of integrity
Danaher Corporation and all Danaher Companies are equal opportunity employers that evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, age, marital status, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or other characteristics protected by law. The “EEO is the Law” poster is available here.