Posting Date: Mar 19, 2021
Primary Location: Americas-Canada-Quebec-Montreal
- To work with some of the best professionals in the business - for a firm that values individual intellect as much as teamwork
- State-of-the-art offices that are designed to maximize collaboration
- Flexible working arrangements
- Enriching challenges that provide opportunity for constant learning and advancement
- An environment which is leveraging technology to its highest potential
Corporate and Funding Technology is comprised of three primary areas: Operations & Risk, Corporate and Client Financing.
- Operations & Risk helps the Firm’s businesses while maintaining a strong risk profile. The group includes Operations, Funding, Finance and Risk Technology.
- Corporate improves our operating environment and is made up of Legal, Compliance & Corporate Governance, Digital & Corporate Communications and Human Resources Technology groups.
- Client Financing platforms provide technology and service to our hedge fund and Asia high-net-worth clients. Groups include Prime Brokerage, Private Wealth Management Asia and Counterparty Risk Technology.
Firm-wide Business Process Management Community of Practice (CoP), part of Operations and Compliance Technology area, is looking for a Pega lead developer. The CoP team provides Business Process Management (BPM) services and tools to the entire Firm and is responsible for all aspects of Pega platform support and common design and implementation standards. In addition to full end-to-end implementations the Community of Practice the development team provides internal consulting services to other technology teams across the Firm assisting them with their BPM Platform design and workflow implementations. The Workflow Orchestration area that houses the Community of Practice also has several development teams providing Pega transformation solutions supporting Operations.
Person selected for the role will act as a hands-on Pega Developer working directly with business users to implement new and reengineer and automate existing processes. The person will play a role of a senior technologist on the team and may manage global teams on project or permanent basis.
The candidate needs to have experience with creating reusable components / assets / adapters, upgrading and maintaining the Pega shared platform, setting standards for Pega / BPM development. The position requires a strong and proven ability to collaborate with partners across the Firm, and track record of working with various on-shore and off-shore delivery partners.
- 5+ years of experience with Pega BPM
- Bachelor’s in computer science or related field
- IT experience with n-tier, database and client server design/development
- Pega Certified Senior System Architect or Lead System Architect (CSSA / LSA on Pega 7/8)
- Architecting and designing business applications using Pega and other Pega frameworks
- Provide thought-leadership to client across business and technical project dimensions solving complex business requirements
- Accountable for ensuring the business and technical architecture of the delivered solution matches customer technical and functional requirements, and commits to Customer Success (realization of business benefit)
- Participates in the development of additional consulting opportunities within the user base
- Well experienced with design application and Infrastructure using various Application Servers, Databases, Security Managers etc.
- Expertise on various integration technologies like SOAP, REST, MQ, TCP, HTTP
- Ability to execute development of Re-usable Assets, Code Reviews and IT Governance for Pega Practice
- Well versed with SDLC, Agile, CD&CI methodologies
- Knowledge and expertise on recent trends like Cloud, AI/ML, Microservices etc.
- Hands-on Java experience is an asset
- Strong understanding on Application Security
- Strong Project Management skills to execute and deliver projects.
Morgan Stanley is a global financial services firm and a market leader in investment banking, securities, investment management and wealth management services. At Morgan Stanley Montreal, we are shaping the future of our global business and contributing to our local community. Our team works across numerous areas.
Morgan Stanley is an equal opportunities employer. We work to provide a supportive and inclusive environment where all individuals can maximise their full potential. Our skilled and creative workforce is comprised of individuals drawn from a broad cross section of the global communities in which we operate and who reflect a variety of backgrounds, talents, perspectives and experiences. Our strong commitment to a culture of inclusion is evident through our constant focus on recruiting, developing and advancing individuals based on their skills and talents.
Knowledge of French and English is required.
Spotlight on our Montreal Technology Centre: [...] dated October 2019.
Build a career with impact. Visit morganstanley.com for more information.