ITER is a unique, first of a kind project that aims to demonstrate the technical and scientific feasibility of fusion energy.
Jacobs one of three partners making up the Consortium (construction management-as-agent contractor) is project managing the construction and assembly of more than one million components in world’s largest fusion reactor.
As construction management-as-agent contractor, MOMENTUM is managing the construction and assembly of the first full-scale test reactor to include balance of plant and the Tokomak itself. Join us and play a part in the international effort to make fusion a viable source of almost limitless, carbon-free energy.
Jacobs is recruiting for a senior Permit to Work Officer with at least 15 years of experience to work on the ITER Project near Aix-en-Provence, France.
The Permit to Work Office has the following key duties and responsibilities:
- Leads by example as a safety role model and prioritises safety
- Provides competence and discipline within the PTW team
- Ensures that the PTW system is utilized effectively and is fully populated with all data required for nuclear safety compliance
- Acts as a Permit to Work Issuer and Approver (where required)
- Manages site Contractor interfaces through effective dialogue with Task Supervisors involved to coordinate all parties
- Ensures through daily surveillance that the site is always in an optimum safe and operational state and teams under the PTW scheme are adhering to all principles and controls applied in permit.
Safety key duties and responsibilities:
- Manages and coordinates all permit issuance in line with the site safety requirements
- Monitors all permits issued on a daily basis to maintain a safe and compliant way of working
- Manages the control / issue of padlocks, gas monitors and other equipment required as part of the Permit to Work in line with site SSOW. Specify or carry out any isolation, venting, draining, flushing, purging and dissipation of stored energy to allow work to be carried out safely as detailed in site Procedures.
- Imposes “Stop of Work” in case of emergency
Technical key duties and responsibilities:
- Manage, monitor and audit the Permit to Work system
- Develop & coach personnel using experience of Permit to Work systems & ISSOW
- Approving the individual Permit to Work Request and ensure all associated approved documents are relevant and available with the Permit to Work request.
- Conducting field inspections to verify the detail and effectiveness of the Permit to Work.
- Liaise with production planners and operations representatives to agree windows for significant engineering work.
- Provide priorities of work based on local knowledge, understanding of priorities from scheduling, and detail provided in site co-ordination meetings and through liaison with CMA Construction Supervision
- Shall be fully familiar with the works on-going within his area of responsibility, the nature of those works and any simultaneous operations in adjacent areas that may have an impact on the Permits to Work with his/ her area of responsibility
- Manage multiple concurrent activities and ensure no interference in a controlled environment
: France-France Countrywide-Saint Paul Les Durance-FR Saint Paul Les Durance - ITER CMA