- Structured and supported internship training program (refer to the Star student website below)
- Intern awards ceremony at the end of the year
- Upon successful completion our interns are offered employment in SA, NSW & QLD
- Invitation to our Christmas dinner spectacular
- Clear development pathways, we want to support your career progression
- Ongoing support and mentoring upon completion of your internship
- A workplace focused on creating a common purpose, integrity, energy and passion
- Family orientated and philanthropic culture where success is openly celebrated and rewarded
About the role:
Are you ready for the best intern experience? A fantastic opportunity for motivated 4th year Pharmacy Students seeking Internship opportunities with a fast growing pharmacy group. Internships will commence beginning of January 2021 for a 12 month period located in Mt Gambier.
As part of our pipeline program, the successful candidate will fast-track their career in community pharmacy with our internal Pharmacist Intern Training Program. You will receive individual attention and support from our Pharmacist Manager coupled with a robust mentoring model.
As you navigate your next step professionally, it’s important to have mentors that you can rely on who will help you navigate the community pharmacy work environment . This opportunity provides you with a built-in support system for interns and direct access to higher level executives. You will learn from highly motivated and dedicated professionals who have been working in the industry with an expert-level understanding of community pharmacy.
Furthermore we will share our model of how you can double your graduate income in only two years! I strongly encourage you to visit our Star Student Website to find out more.
Qualifications and experience:
- A strong interest or curiosity in community pharmacy
- A willingness to embrace and practice our values
- Eager and willing to add to your knowledge base and skills
- A desire to gain a deep understanding of exceptional customer service
- The ability to communicate clearly and effectively in various mediums
- Ability to work in harmony with co-workers
- Technical competency supported by resilience and flexibility
- Motivated to take on challenges
Who we are:
- Previous experience working in a Community Pharmacy (highly regarded, but not essential)
- Completed a Bachelor or Masters in Pharmacy
- Provisional registration from AHPRA for internship
- Maintain dispensary stock levels and presentation
- Assist Pharmacist to process patient information
- Maintain dispensary information
- Receipt, unpack and check-off dispensary orders accurately
- Reconcile prescriptions in preparation for government claims
- Assist in government claims, preparation and processing of claims
- DDA scripts reconciliation
- Methadone program maintenance
- Webster packing, as required
- Active promotion and update of the Pharmacy Practice Incentive (PPI’s) programs such as clinical interventions, medication management services (medschecks and diabetes medschecks), health promotion, staged supply, Dose Administration Aids, scripts on file, SMS reminder service, etc., as directed by business owners and Pharmacist Manager
The Star Pharmacy Group has over 50 pharmacies located in NSW, QLD, SA and is one of Australia's fastest growing pharmacy groups. We seek to attract and retain only the best people who align with our values and can thrive in a high-performance environment, underpinned by innovation, purpose and balance.