Position at MediaCom
Overview of job
Mediacom is part of GroupM, which oversees the media investment management sector for WPP, the world’s leading communication services group . MediaCom is currently named Agency Network of the Year at Festival of Media Global Awards 2020. Mediacom is a team of 8,000 people in 125 offices in 100 markets. And we are the trusted partner to more than 2000 brands globally. Our success is underpinned by our belief ‘People First, Better Results’ that if we invest in our people, we’ll deliver better results not only for our teams but for our clients.
We are currently looking for a Senior Connections Planning to join us. In this role, you will be responsible to manage the day-to-day operations of both conventional and digital media planning with excellence for the assigned client(s).
Reporting of the role
This role primarily reports to the Connection Planning Sr. Manager and/or the Media Director.
Best things about the job:
- A learning environment with mentorship from within MediaCom Indonesia, MediaCom Regional/Global team & GroupM Indonesia.
- Opportunities to work across local and international client and agency teams.
- You will always be at the front line in getting and implementation of the latest insight, trend and new media innovation and technology.
- On top of continuing excellence delivery in traditional media, also huge focus on growing the integration with digital planning product including, social, programmatic, performance or e-commerce, search and content.
Measures of success –
In 3 months, you would have:
- Adapted and bonded with the internal team across the agency
- Understood past work and plans to the best of your ability within the category/brand that you will handle
- Understood category and brands objectives and the challenges
- Gained initial client trust and comfort level to drive their business
In 6 months, you would have:
- manage day-to-day operation with the client, that is including the execution of the conventional & digital campaigns.
- Search and Content will also be part of your development and excellence delivery to clients
- Shown significant signs of growth potential within MediaCom.
- Work with internal and external partners to create best in class media strategies and tactical plans
- Integrated effectively and in good manner with clients, teams (local/regional/global), vendors and partners
In 12 months, you would have:
- Have cemented your role within the team and contributed to the team delivery and success of a variety of client campaigns
- Comfortable to drive strategic & tactical innovation across media platforms.
Responsibilities of the role:
Besides planning (offline and online), overseeing, and driving operational needs of your clients; you would also be in-charge of being a media consultant to the clients by advising, guiding and shaping your clients’ media work specific to the categories/brands you are handled.
What you will need:
- Minimal Bachelor degree in communication, media, marketing or business management.
- 2-4 years working experience, a marketing/digital/client relationship is preferred. Creative capability is a plus.
- Open minded attitude to accept and embrace agile changes, learning new things, and seeking solutions and improvement
- Experience in - but not limited only to - digital media (social/programmatic/performance/e-commerce/search and content) or marketing/brand management is preferred (or a role that covers above knowledge areas)
- Fluency in Bahasa Indonesia and English (both written and spoken)
- As to understand and able to operate Nielsen tools is important, but what we prefer to see is how you use the relevant data for your clients.
- Independent in ways of working.
- Ability to lead and be a team player
- Discipline and have a good time management skill.
- Candidate should be able to present thoughts, plans and ideas in a clear and succinct manner (on a PowerPoint, Excel, or otherwise)
More about Mediacom
Visit us at www.mediacom.com and follow us on facebook.com/mediacomindonesia ; facebook.com/mediacomglobal ; and linkedin.com/company/Mediacom .
Indonesia is one of the fastest growing and most dynamic markets in the world, with a population of more than 260 million. It’s stable political climate and increasing consumer disposable income has meant that Indonesia is now firmly on the radar for MNCs seeking to invest in emerging markets.
Whilst the Indonesian media landscape is still dominated by terrestrial TV, with 65% of all advertising spend, digital is now poised to go through a period of exponential growth. There are more than 70 million internet users in Indonesia and 70% of them are accessing the web via mobile. As a marketer, the opportunity to transform a media landscape on such a scale is unprecedented in the APAC region.