Join Team KCGM
Kalgoorlie Consolidated Gold Mines Pty Ltd (KCGM) is currently seeking an experienced Underground Fixed Plant Fitter to join the Underground Mining Team at the Mt Charlotte operation in Kalgoorlie.
This residential role is on a 7/7 roster, working 12 hour shifts.
Key accountabilities may include, but are not limited to:
- Undertake maintenance, rebuild and repair of underground pumping systems, fixed plant, winder and shaft infrastructure to ensure the availability of the above resources for production, maintenance and emergency purposes.
- Ensure appropriate safety procedures are adhered to prior to undertaking work orders; to ensure tasks are conducted in a safe and efficient manner. Safety procedures include but are not limited to, job hazard awareness assessments.
- Liaise with warehouse personnel to obtain necessary parts and equipment for plant maintenance and repairs.
- Submit requisition orders for required components, to ensure maintenance repairs are conducted in a timely manner and to required site standards.
About KCGM - Locally Owned and Operated
Proudly Western Australian owned, KCGM has been successfully operating the iconic Super Pit and Mt Charlotte underground mine for over 30 years. Our enviable success and global profile in the world’s richest square mile is surpassed only by our exciting future, with a number of significant growth opportunities in our open pit, underground and processing operations.
- Australian Recognized Trade Certificate III in Mechanical Fitting
- Minimum three (3) years’ experience as an underground Fixed Plant Fitter
- Experience in the maintenance of various underground pumping and dewatering systems, shaft maintenance and associated infrastructure
- High Risk Forklift Licence
- Nationally recognized First Aid Certificate within two (2) years
- High Risk Licence - Elevated Work Platform
- Must reside in the Goldfields region for this residential role
- National Police Clearance – valid within the last twelve (12) months
- Current Unencumbered Western Australian “C” Class Manual Drivers Licence.
- Western Australian Winding Engine Drivers Certificate of Competency highly regarded
- Experience in the maintenance and repair of winders
- Experience in the maintenance and repair of primary ventilation systems
- Intermediate boilermaker/welding experience
- High Risk Dogging
- High Risk Basic Rigging
Why work for us?
With a strong connection to the Kalgoorlie-Boulder community, KCGM offers you unparalleled opportunities to forge a career in the resource industry whilst enjoying the relative ease of living in a thriving regional city. Your dynamic, actioned-oriented days at KCGM will be immediately replaced by the comforts of home, friends and family just minutes from work, with all the facilities you would expect in larger metropolitan centres.
KCGM encourages a diverse and inclusive culture where all people can achieve and contribute to their greatest potential. We offer competitive salary packages. Joining the KCGM team also means you are eligible for our industry leading Parental Leave entitlements, and Reward and Recognition programs.