Would you like to be part of a public policy team that is driving the adoption of cloud computing in Southeast Asia? The Amazon Web Services (AWS) Public Policy team is at the forefront of helping customers maximize the benefits of cloud computing by removing regulatory and political blockers to cloud adoption. We do this by working with governments as they develop and revise policies related to the digital economy, including cloud first policies, data protection regulations, outsourcing guidelines, cyber security policies, tax policy, and over-the-top regulations.
AWS is looking for a talented, innovative, and well-connected individual to represent and work with AWS Head of Public Policy in Indonesia before policymakers that are strategically important to the AWS business. The successful candidate will proactively build relationships with key policymakers, politicians and influencers. You will develop and execute strategies that mitigate policy risks to the business, as well as advance strategic business opportunities in these market segments. This position will also manage AWS’s participation in strategic business associations and coalitions in Indonesia. You will become familiar with all aspects of AWS’s business, and interface directly with the business units in the region. This Indonesia-based government affairs and policy position, which reports to the Indonesia Head of Public Policy and is part of the ASEAN and APJ Public Policy team, shall:
· Develop and implement government affairs campaigns for AWS in Indonesia that result in policies that enable cloud computing adoption by customers, especially government agencies;
· Educate government and public affairs stakeholders on the cloud value proposition in regulated industries such as but not limited to health, energy, telecommunications, and the financial services sector;
· Seek collaboration with government and public affairs stakeholders on skills development activities;
· Facilitate public policy activities related to the operationalization of AWS infrastructure in Indonesia at a national and local level;
· Facilitate meetings between AWS executives and key stakeholders, including senior government officials, regulators, industry associations and alliance partners to promote and advocate the company’s public policies; and
· Determine, maintain and staff appropriate corporate membership opportunities in industry associations/coalitions on behalf of AWS, and ensure high judgment, high integrity among external consultants.