Paris France (FR)
CDI - SGP&C - 3rd Party Capital - Portfolio Analyst
SCOR, the 4th largest reinsurer in the world, provides insurance companies with a diversified and innovative range of solutions and services to control and manage risk. Using its experience and expertise, “ The Art & Science of Risk ”, SCOR provides cutting-edge financial solutions, analytics tools and services in all areas related to risk – in Life & Health insurance as well as in P&C insurance. Our specialist teams operate in over 120 countries, developing value added and innovative products and services and making long-term commitments to their clients, namely insurers and large corporations.
SCOR's aim, as an independent global reinsurance company, is to develop its Life and P&C business lines, to provide its clients with a broad range of innovative reinsurance solutions and to pursue an underwriting policy founded on profitability, supported by effective risk management and a prudent investment policy, in order to offer its clients an optimum level of security, to create value for its shareholders, and to contribute to the welfare and resilience of Society by helping to protect insureds against the risks they face.
Within P&C Partners, the department Retrocession, Outward Reinsurance & 3rd Party Capital is reponsible for structuring and buying the external and internal protection programs for SGPC, as well as working to create/structure investment opportunity for third party capital partners. In the frame of Quantum Leap strategy plan, the 3rd Party Capital Initiative has been reaffirmed as key for the future development of SGPC.
- Job summary
The analyst will belong to the team in charge of developing the access to the 3rd Party Capital for SGPC. This includes 3rd Party capital for retro purpose (e.g. sidecar), fronting arrangement for SCOR ILS funds and 3rd Party Underwriting (i.e. write business on behalf of 3rd party). She/He will be in charge of structuring ceded portfolio under several constraints, notably: investors’ appetite (types of risks, returns, risk profiles…), retro plan, Division access to risk and Group capital, legal and jurisdiction environment in close collaboration with the Retrocession Account Manager in charge of the 3rd Party Capital.
The portfolios will be multi-LOBs. The analyst will have to develop/leverage existing tools to model risks, structure the metrics, assess profitability and impact on capital. She/He will have to liaise with internal modelling departments and leverage their expertise.
Conversely, in case of 3rd Party Underwriting mandate, the analyst will structure & model the target portfolio to be deployed and underwritten by SGPC underwriting teams on behalf of the 3rd party partner.
- Key duties and responsibilities
Under the responsibility of the Chief Retrocession Officer (and/or any CTO), your responsibilities are as follow :
o Across geographies
o Across LOB
o Usage of NORMA (internal capital model) outputs
- Required Education and Experience
• Quantitative background (e.g. actuarial science, data science…)
• Minimum 5 years of reinsurance/bank/asset management experience
• Knowledge of catastrophe modelling tools eg. RMS an advantage.
• Advanced Excel, SQL, SAS, Python, Tableau skills an advantage.
• Knowledge and understanding of the ILS mechanism (e.g. collateralization, structure…)
- Required competencies
• Communication: Excellent interpersonal verbal and written skills that enable the candidate to communicate effectively with colleagues, ability to explain complex concept to non-technical people
• Reliability: the ability to make produce reliable and accurate results
• Independent: a thinker with an analytical mindset.
• Personality: a self motivator who is keen to learn and take on increasing responsibility over time
• Workload: ability to work under pressure
Team work: Ability to work collaboratively with others in the retrocession team.