iA Financial Group is the fourth largest life and health insurance company in Canada and offers a wide range of products for all stages of life and to meet the needs of clients across its vast sales network. Founded in 1892, iA Financial Group’s stability and solidity make it an employer of choice that invests in its employees and their development over the long term.
With operations across Canada and in the United States, iA Financial Group and its over 5,000 employees work hard every day to offer the best service to over four million clients.
Would you like to join one of the largest portfolio management groups in Canada? With iA Investment Management (iAIM), a member of iA Financial Group, take your career to new heights in a high-performance work environment. Our passionate teams are dedicated every day to making iAIM one of the most competitive portfolio managers in the market. iAIM is a firm of over 100 experienced investment professionals with close to $100 billion in assets under management. It manages portfolios of general funds, segregated funds and mutual funds for the Industrial Alliance group.
As Institutional Portfolio Manager (“IPM”), you will work closely with our Investment Team, focusing on managing client relationships and generating new business. The IPM will partner closely with business development and portfolio managers by combining technical expertise and communication skills to support business growth, income and asset retention. The role conducts in-depth product presentations to clients and prospects to retain and grow iA assets under management. You will oversee the development and on-going maintenance of product materials including marketing presentations, factsheets, portfolio commentary, RFP content, consultant database and other client and marketing communications. The IPM role also participates in a broad range of ad-hoc projects and activities.
- Maintain a strong understanding of the different mandates, investment processes and remain current with portfolio positioning and product differentiation
- Act as a product specialist for fixed income, equity and multi-asset investment review meetings with potential and current clients
- Deliver product presentations to clients, advisors, consultants and prospects
- Work with wholesale client service and business development teams to ensure they are equipped with a thorough understanding of investment processes and strategy
- In conjunction with the distribution and investment teams, develop and execute a strategic plan for existing products. Work with other areas of the organization to develop new product ideas as well as provide consultative services for those products to internal constituents on all aspects of positioning and performance.
- Assess the strengths and weaknesses of existing products and conduct competitive analysis of non-iA products and develop profiles of competitors.
- Monitor assigned strategies' performance and assist in communicating performance attribution drivers and portfolio positioning to internal and external audiences.
- Coordinate communication and messaging of all portfolio-related information to sales, marketing and communications departments of iA.
- Monitor external communications that support assigned product lines (sales brochures, presentations, RFP questions, etc.). Develop and review content of investment updates ensuring content is timely and accurate and strategies are optimally positioned.
- Ensure sales materials are updated and appropriate for the applicable presentation, conference, or new business opportunity.
Qualifications and Skills
- Bachelor's degree with ten years’ of industry (i.e. asset management) and marketing experience with an MBA and/or CFA preferred
- Experienced product specialist with a strong understanding of global capital markets (equities, fixed income and multi-assets)
- Strong written and verbal communication skills required
- Team player who is a self-motivated leader, with demonstrated ability to support others
- Dynamic, self-starter who is well organized and operates effectively in a fast-paced, deadline-driven environment
- Outstanding interpersonal skills and professional presence with demonstrated ability to build relationships
- The ability to work well with a variety of people at all levels of the organization within a highly collaborative corporate culture
- Strong knowledge of quantitative measurement and statistical tools
- Extensive project management experience with proven ability to organize and coordinate multiple projects simultaneously and meet deadlines
- Willingness to travel to attend applicable industry meetings, conferences, and sales meetings
- Fluent in both English and French would be an asset