10000 Days! this is the amount of working days we supported saving in the GDD time challenge. In PS&M we enable Novartis to reimagine medicine and deliver the pipeline with optimal strategies, realistic plans, and seamless execution. We focus to drive project planning and execution excellence, and acts as change agents for the transformation of Novartis We are a trusted partner in pioneering new solutions to transform the lives of patients.
This role takes the lead to establish industry-leading portfolio simulation and advanced analytics methodologies within the organization. One focus for this will be the integration of the developed portfolio simulation approaches into an enterprise portfolio planning system. Apart from being responsible for building the portfolio simulation capability across the organization, the other key purpose of the role will be to apply the methodologies in close collaboration with Global Program Teams/Development Units to support significant business decisions for our pipeline. The role will also act as an expert thought leader in portfolio modelling and decision science.
Your responsibilities will include:
• Design and lead the establishment of industry-leading portfolio simulation and advanced portfolio analytics capabilities to support senior management boards in their decision-making process to advance our global drug pipeline.
• Provide support to business decisions that have significant impact to our pipeline by applying innovative/quantitative analytical and modeling approaches and collaborating with Global Program Teams/Development Units to enable actionable recommendations to senior management boards.
• Lead cross-divisional portfolio simulation and analysis with an objective to align, shape and connect current portfolio simulation systems and analysis capabilities to deliver a complete and consistent integrated view of global drug R&D projects, marketed products and new opportunities across Novartis in close collaboration with NIBR, Commercial and Corporate.
• Enable and empower Global Program Teams, Portfolio Management Portfolio Analytics and strategic function within PS&M, GDD Finance and other key stakeholders in and outside of GDD to evaluate and visualize alternative project and portfolio investment decisions, options and what-if scenarios.
• Develop and establish advanced portfolio concepts, methodologies and metrics in collaboration with respective portfolio functions across the divisions, also integrating latest AI and digital analytics.
• Acts as an expert thought leader in portfolio theory, decision/modelling science and data analytics, establishing state-of-the-art methodologies and capabilities for portfolio management across Novartis.
What you’ll bring to the role:
• Science/engineering/data science degree (Master, PhD) or business degree (MBA) required; degrees in at least two fields highly desirable
• Minimum of 12 years of professional experience in the pharma / biotech industry, of which at least 5-7 years preferably in a R&D setting.
• Strong multi-disciplinary background with previous experience and deep understanding of R&D portfolio management, corporate finance, decision sciences, data analytics and statistics.
• Strategic thinker and problem solver, ideally with experience in a major strategy consulting firm, corporate finance and/or venture capital.
• Strong cross-functional matrix leadership experience with proven track record of leading inter-disciplinary project teams. Able to establish strong partnerships; strong team player.
• Proven ability to understand complex abstract technical ideas and concepts, translate them into simple and effective solutions and communicate them clearly.
• Excellent oral and written communication skills; along with strong planning and organization skills.
Competitive salary, Annual bonus, Pension scheme, Share scheme, Health insurance, 25 days annual leave, Flexible working arrangements, subsidized dining facilities, Employee recognition scheme, learning and development opportunities.
Why consider Novartis?
799 million. That’s how many lives our products touched in 2019. And while we’re proud of that fact, in this world of digital and technological transformation, we must also ask ourselves this: how can we continue to improve and extend even more people’s lives?
We believe the answers are found when curious, courageous and collaborative people like you are brought together in an inspiring environment. Where you’re given opportunities to explore the power of digital and data. Where you’re empowered to risk failure by taking smart risks, and where you’re surrounded by people who share your determination to tackle the world’s toughest medical challenges.
Imagine what you could do at Novartis!
Commitment to Diversity & Inclusion:
Novartis embraces diversity, equal opportunity and inclusion. We are committed to building diverse teams, representative of the patients and communities we serve, and we strive to create an inclusive workplace that cultivates bold innovation through collaboration, and empowers our people to unleash their full potential.
Novartis are an equal opportunities employer and welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons
Join our Novartis Network: If this role is not suitable to your experience or career goals but you wish to stay connected to learn more about Novartis and our career opportunities, join the Novartis Network here: https://talentnetwork.novartis.com/network
Novartis Ireland Ltd. has been certified as a Top Employer 2020 by the Top Employers Institute for its exceptional employee offerings!
#LI-NOV = Novartis