- Seeking a Permanent Full-Time Remote Practice Manager to oversee some of our newly acquired centres
- Work for a leading National Skin Cancer Company passionate about saving lives
- Exciting new role for a strong multi-tasker!
Due to a rapid growth strategy, we are currently seeking an experienced Practice Manager to remotely manage multiple centres around the country. This person will be based in Head Office in Brisbane but oversee 4-6 clinics working closely with Practice Coordinators based at each site. This will involve travel to each centre multiple times a year, which is dependent on border closures. These centres could be within any state in Australia.
The Remote Practice Manager is responsible for; supporting the Practice Coordinator to ensure the smooth day-to-day running of the centres, working with the Practice Coordinator in the care of our patients, leading and proactively supporting the growth of our business in each location. Acting as an information resource and our ambassador to staff and doctors, the Remote PM is a pro-active leader who continuously seeks ways to improve and streamline centre processes, improve customer service and promote a positive work culture. This role may also evolve over time as our company grows.
It is not a requirement of the role however if you are a nurse applying for this role we would love to talk to you about making this a composite role that would have you also overseeing the training of nurses in our centres.
The Practice Manager is responsible for:
People Management and Leadership
- Building a high-performing team and maintaining a customer-focused culture within the practices
- Setting staff rosters across the centres
- Provide training and onboarding support to new staff
- Ensuring quality customer service, sound financials and that all centres are meeting their KPIs.
- Fostering strong employee engagement and retention
- Running monthly staff meetings and quarterly doctor meetings
- Pro-actively ensuring the financial viability and growth of Centres
- Supporting the accurate and timely receipt of revenue
- Overseeing the flow of information between the centres and the Health Insurance Commission (HIC), ensuring that all batching and the electronic lodgement of funds are completed daily
- Providing monthly billing audits including rejected claims, hold billings and debtors
- Ensuring that each centre's appointment book is effectively filled
Marketing Support and Lead Generation
- Working closely with the Marketing Manager to develop and implement marketing activities
- Overseeing marketing activities including both in centre and off-site promotional events such as GP and hairdresser info nights, campaigns in shopping centres and pharmacies and community talks
General Management and Administration
- Preparing reports for the management team as required
- Ensuring that the Practice Managers are meeting their KPIs such as; their NPS score, appointment slots, re-book rate, utilisation & service fee per hour targets.
- Overseeing the management of centre correspondence, ensuring patient confidentiality
- Performing other administrative and clinical tasks as delegated to ensure quality care is delivered and patient safety is maintained
- Pro-actively cooperating with head office functions (e.g., finance, marketing, people & culture) to meet business objectives
- Overseeing effective communication to our patients to deliver superior customer service
- Managing patient complaints
- Overseeing the smooth flow of patients and visitors
- A pro-active person who continuously seeks ways to improve and streamline processes
- A strong leader who positively contributes to the work culture and naturally exhibits NSCC values
- Flexible and change resilient
- Customer focused and ensures that patients are our top priority
- Willing to go the extra mile when required
- Able to undertake travel between centres throughout the year
- Authorised to work in Australia
In addition, you have:
- Prior practice management experience (3+ years) in a general practice, skin cancer clinic or related medical practice.
- Experience managing multiple medical practices will be highly regarded though not essential
- Strong leadership skills with demonstrated experience supervising staff and managing doctor expectations
- Strong interpersonal and relationship building skills including conflict management
- Solid experience in Business and managing financials
- Superb time management skills and the ability to manage tasks simultaneously and adjust priorities as needed
- Excellent customer service skills and a mature and sensitive approach when dealing with patients and staff
- Strong computer skills (experience with Best Practice would be very beneficial)
Leaders in Skin Cancer Medicine
National Skin Cancer Centres are unique medical practices, purpose-built and dedicated to delivering effective, quick and low-cost access to diagnosis and treatment of skin cancers and related conditions. Working with primary care physicians who have a special interest in skin cancer, we currently operate ten centres across Australia with plans to expand into new locations.
NSCC is a division of HealthCert International, the world's largest skin cancer training provider. We place a strong emphasis on excellence in medical care, which is strengthened by our commitment to research and education.
Driven by a passion to make a difference and the vision of a world where nobody dies from skin cancer, the health and happiness of our patients are at the forefront of everything we do. We strive every day to exceed patient expectations and our main aim is to deliver the highest standard of care and utmost peace of mind.
Our people are at the heart of what we do. Our team consists of handpicked staff who share our core values: Passionate about Saving Lives – Excellence in Patient Experience – Sharing Knowledge to Make a Difference – One Enthusiastic team. To learn more about our business, visit our website today [...] questions? Call Matt on 0407 171 560