Principal Civil Engineer - Water
Following significant project wins across the business, an exciting opportunity has opened for a Principal Civil Engineer to join the water team in Melbourne. The Principal Civil Engineer will lead a civil group and be responsible for the designs undertaken by the Melbourne office water team members.
It is an exciting time to join the KBR team as we continue to develop a strong pipeline of diverse, interesting future work for a range of clients and assist to deliver major projects across the country.
Key Responsibilities include:
- Responsible for the design of water related infrastructure works including; water and wastewater treatment facilities, pumps, pipelines and related civil works
- Prepare technical reports, designs and drawings, contract documents and technical specifications
- Team leader responsibilities for a Civil team. Manage project teams with a focus on; time, budget, quality and HSE parameters including project outcomes that exceed customer expectations
- Strengthen and develop relationships with clients to help win business
- Liaise as required with project managers and clients to ascertain needs and provide regular project updates
- Lead the preparation of large and small bids and other marketing initiatives
Qualifications and Experience
- Bachelors Degree in Engineering (Civil)
- Previous experience in a similar senior role in the water sector
- Strong communication/interpersonal skills
- Microsoft Word and Excel (advanced level) knowledge for Report Writing
- Proficiency in strategic planning and investigation studies as well as design for pipelines, pumping stations and treatment plants
- Proven ability to prepare high quality study and design reports and proposals is essential
- Any specialist technical capabilities would be regarded favourably
- Familiarity with Victorian water sector authorities and key personnel
- Registered Professional Engineer CPEng.
Benefits of KBR
KBR is committed to supporting the professional development of staff at every stage of their career through in-house training and structured career paths. We offer a competitive package of lifestyle benefits that includes family-friendly work hours and an agile working arrangement.
So how do I apply?
KBR values an inclusive and diverse work environment and we encourage candidates from all backgrounds to apply. Our hiring decisions are based on the key requirements of each role and candidates are selected based on their unique strengths and experiences.
Scheduled Weekly Hours: