RPS has an exciting opportunity for a Principal Ecologist to join our Newcastle based team. This senior role is critical in providing technical direction, leadership and mentoring for our team, and providing high level technical support to our clients. In addition to providing technical and development support to our team, this role is important in creating, maintaining and growing business opportunities and relationships to contribute to the ongoing success of the team and the broader business.
The role will have a focus on providing technical leadership and support to the Ecology team, including but not limited to:
- Provision of high level technical support and input for proposals, literature reviews, desktop assessment, environmental assessments, impact assessments and project reports.
- Conducting field assessments and investigations as required.
- Proactively building a wide and effective network of internal/external contacts and leveraging these relationships to expand business opportunities and enhance profile in industry.
- Pursuing and fostering successful working relationships with clients, sub-consultants, government and industry bodies.
- Technical mentoring and professional development for the team.
- Graduate degree in environmental science, environmental management, ecology/ botany/ zoology or similar discipline.
- Demonstrates 15+ years experience in terrestrial ecology with advanced knowledge of field and reporting techniques across a range of faunal groups and vegetation communities; a well-developed understanding of data analysis/management methods; and an advanced knowledge of environmental/ecological processes, principles and practices.
- Strong knowledge of environmental legislation and planning policies.
Position includes both office and fieldwork and the applicant must be physically able to stand and work in the field including in remote areas for extended periods of time.
We provide a diverse and inclusive work environment and offer many benefits to ensure your professional development & well-being:
- Flexible start and finish times, working from home, part time and job share options
- State of the art, modern and contemporary offices
- Paid Parental and Partner Leave
- Well-being benefits e.g. vaccinations, health insurance discounts
- Professional memberships
- Study assistance
- Professional and technical development opportunities
If you have the above-mentioned skills and are looking for an exciting job opportunity within a rapidly expanding organisation, then please submit your application today!