About Standard Chartered
We are a leading international bank focused on helping people and companies prosper across Asia, Africa and the Middle East.
To us, good performance is about much more than turning a profit. It's about showing how you embody our valued behaviours - do the right thing, better together and never settle - as well as our brand promise, Here for good.
We're committed to promoting equality in the workplace and creating an inclusive and flexible culture - one where everyone can realise their full potential and make a positive contribution to our organisation. This in turn helps us to provide better support to our broad client base.
Principal Engineer with at least 10-15 years of total experience will be required to see out a project from conception to final product, requiring good organizational skills and attention to detail.
Principal Engineer Responsibilities:
- Write reusable, testable, and efficient code
- Optimize applications for performance and scalability.
- Building secured backend API's to be consumed by multiple applications (e.g. web and mobile)
- Working alongside graphic designers for web design features.
- Seeing through a project from conception to finished product.
- Designing and developing APIs.
- Meeting both technical and consumer needs.
- Staying abreast of developments in web applications and programming languages.
- Ability to handle small team of software developers.
Principal Engineer Requirements:
- Strong organizational and project management skills.
- Proficiency with one or more cloud platform (AWS, Azure).
- Exposure of DevOps tool like terraform, CICD.
- Be comfortable with TDD, pair programming.
- Strong hold on system design, microservice architecture.
- Have experience with container technologies: Kubernetes, Docker.
- Proficiency with one or more server-side languages such as NodeJS, Python, Java.
- Familiarity with database technology such as GIT, Streams, MySQL, PostgreSQL and MongoDB.
- Experience in profiling, debugging & troubleshooting
- Excellent verbal communication skills.
- Good problem-solving skills.
Apply now to join the Bank for those with big career ambitions.
To view information on our benefits including our flexible working please visit our career pages. We welcome conversations on flexible working.