At HDR, we specialise in engineering, architecture, environmental and construction services. While we are most well-known for adding beauty and structure to communities through high-performance buildings and smart infrastructure, we provide much more than that. We create an unshakable foundation for progress because our multidisciplinary teams also include scientists, economists, builders, analysts and artists. That's why we believe diversity is our greatest strength. HDR is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace.
Watch our 'About Us' video
We believe that the way we work can add meaning and value to the world. That ideas inspire positive change. That coloring outside the lines can illuminate fresh perspectives. And that small details yield important realisations. Above all, we believe that collaboration is the best way forward.
In the role of Principal Pavement Engineer, we'll count on you to:
- Liaise with industry and contractor partners to assist them with strategy and direction in asphalt and pavement engineering, technology and design.
- Play a lead role in the pavement team to deliver sound, leading-edge, pavement solutions for our clients.
- Oversee and undertake technical support activities on pavement projects.
- Managing the ongoing delivery of pavement projects with our clients both within Australia and globally within the broader HDR network.
- Conduct technical reviews & verification of projects and contracts.
- Undertake site inspection of pavements on civil project works.
- Oversee and undertake the production of technical reports and construction documents.
- Proficiency in design and documentation with comprehensive understanding of Australian and local standards
- Preparation and/or review of fee estimates, methodologies and schedules to ensure projects are undertaken and completed profitably and with appropriate technical content and timeliness.
- Prepare project reports as required and liaise with clients and internal teams.
- Oversee or undertake project management tasks associated with projects including reporting on job progress and work recording ensuring quality is maintained and technical risks are managed.
- Perform other duties as needed
- Tertiary and preferably post-graduate qualification in Civil/Pavement engineering.
- Accredited as a Registered Professional Engineer Queensland (RPEQ).
- Eligible for Chartered membership of Engineers Australia.
- Minimum of 15 years professional engineering experience predominantly in the pavement engineering field including associated civil engineering projects.
- Experience in using pavement related software such as CIRCLY.
- Good interpersonal, oral and written communication skills to work effectively within a culturally diverse teams and multi-disciplinary environment.
- Courteous and business orientated manner when communicating with stakeholders to foster and promote good working relations.
- Strong attention to detail with an ability to work under pressure
- Understanding of quality management systems and the importance of those in an engineering consultancy
At HDR, we know work isn't only about who you work for; it's also about what you do and how you do it. Led by the strength of our values and a culture shaped by employee ownership, we network with each other, build on each other's contributions, and collaborate together to make great things possible. When you join HDR, we give you licence to do the same. We help you take charge of your career, giving you multiple growth opportunities along the way.