Duties & Responsibilities
- Develop and implement innovative up‐ and downstream process technologies for efficient manufacturing of oncolytic viruses
- Actively transfer process technologies from bench to pilot scale within the development organization and support transfer to external contract manufacturing organizations (CMO)
- Cultivation of mammalian cells in bioreactors, propagation, concentration and polishing of virus‐based biologics, development of active live virus formulations.
- Active participation in the design, development, characterization and validation of analytical methods
- Develop and maintain corresponding SOPs and batch‐specifications. Write project and study plans and sound scientific reports; data presentation and discussion in the project review team
- Work in close collaboration with other project teams and external partners; scientific presentation of work in project meetings and scientific conferences
- Train and supervise technical staff
- PhD in Biotechnology, Bioengineering, or equivalent, at least 3 years of PostDoc or industry experience
- Profound expertise in manufacturing of virus‐based biologics, particularly in downstream processing; special knowledge in preparative chromatography and tangential‐flow filtration is an asset.
- Used to work proactively with hands‐on approach in a highly entrepreneurial environment; scientific project management experience is an advantage.
- Strong team player with excellent communication skills willing to work in a company where personal engagement and empowering combined with accountability is highly supported.
- Evidence of scientific rigor and excellence as documented by first author peer‐reviewed publications.
- The position requires excellent English communication skills, both spoken and written. German language skills would be highly appreciated (otherwise willingness to learn German).
- Proficient in MS‐Office
- This function provides the unique opportunity to participate actively in the early development of novel virus‐based cancer therapies at the interface of science and translation. We offer a responsible and versatile occupation with professional perspective in an expanding team.
- Work within the concentrated, science driven atmosphere of a small biotech company whilst at the same time benefit from being part of the global group of Boehringer Ingelheim, one of the pharmaceutical industry’s top 20 companies worldwide.
We offer an attractive salary package in line with your qualification, experience and individual competencies. The base pay is composed of a market oriented excess payment and the respective amount according to the Austrian collective agreement (at least € 55.000 gross per year/full‐time).
Who we are
ViraTherapeutics is a subsidiary of the Boehringer Ingelheim group of companies: a perfect symbiosis of big pharma and a biotech start-up vibe. Located in the beautiful city of Innsbruck, Austria – a great place to live and to work – our dedicated Research & Development team develops innovative viral-based immune-oncology treatment options.
ViraTherapeutics GmbH, Bundesstraße 27, 6063 Rum, Austria, [...] look forward to receiving your application via our application portal.
Please upload your electronic application (in English) in a single PDF file including CV and a complete list of publications, statement of research interests, and at least two reference letters.
We invite you to visit our career site! You will find there more interesting information, such as the application process or about our diverse divisions.
Not exactly the position you are looking for but for someone you know? You can still forward it to friends or colleagues who might be interested.