We are looking for an experienced data privacy professional to take up an important compliance role in our business. Your primary responsibility will be to monitor the organisation’s compliance with applicable data privacy law and to promote a culture of data privacy within our organisation. The role will have dual reporting to the Head of Information Security and the General Counsel.
- Gain a thorough understanding of our business and data strategy, particularly our processing operations and systems
- Monitoring compliance with all national and international laws, rules and regulations pertaining to our industry
- Analysing, developing and revising, as necessary, the policies, procedures and guidelines of our organisation relating to privacy and data protection
- Conducting compliance assessments and privacy impact assessments (assessment of projects, existing business and technology processes from privacy perspective)
- Providing guidance on managing the organisation’s relationships with internal and external stakeholders
- Designing internal and external/web facing data privacy policies, aligning them with local laws and privacy regulations
- Assessment of the suppliers and vendors to CAG from privacy perspective (third party compliance)
- Maintaining a repository of any data breaches and conducting proper data breach management
- Dealing with complaints and/or the exercise by customers of their rights (e.g., requests for information, clarifications, rectification or deletion of personal data)
- Maintaining a relationship with the privacy regulator (National Privacy Commission)
- Cultivating awareness on privacy and data protection within our organisation
- Educating employees across all levels of the organisation about compliance, training staff involved in data processing
- Conducting regular security compliance assessments
SKILLS AND REQUIREMENTS
- Expertise in data privacy law and knowledge of best practices in business operations relating to the area
- Good understanding of data processing operations and the interaction between legal, IT and information security requirements
- Proven project management, problem solving, analytical, communication, teamwork and interpersonal skills
- Bachelor’s/university degree in any field relating to law, compliance or regulation (other disciplines will be considered if professional experience in data privacy has been obtained)
- A minimum of two years professional experience in the role of Data Protection Officer and/or Compliance Officer
- Certifications in privacy, data protection and/or information security preferred
- Demonstrated self-starter with ability to gain required knowledge in dynamic environments
- Applicants must be willing to work in Makati City
What can you expect from us?
- Join a purpose-driven organization: Join us in our mission of empowering people to build healthier financial lives by putting our users and transparency first.
- Work with a diverse, collaborative team: Our team of 250+ spans 6 markets is made up of talented individuals from diverse backgrounds both professionally and culturally. Join a team that acts like owners and wins together.
- Grow with a fast-moving start-up: Launched in 2014 and now reaching over 60 million users in Asia Pacific we move fast moving and set the highest standards to ensure we deliver on our mission. We are committed to supporting our team members develop personally and professionally as the organization grows.
Launched in 2014 and headquartered in Hong Kong, CompareAsiaGroup is Asia’s leading personal finance platform, reaching over 60 million users across six markets including Hong Kong ( moneyhero.com.hk ), Malaysia ( CompareHero.my ), the Philippines ( Moneymax.ph ), Singapore ( SingSaver.com.sg ), Taiwan ( Money101.com.tw ) and Thailand ( MoneyGuru.co.th ). CompareAsiaGroup helps people make better financial choices.
We achieve this through comprehensive, independent online comparison and education of over 1,000 financial products (including credit cards, personal loans, and insurance products). This is delivered through established relationships with more than 70 leading financial institutions across Asia Pacific. CompareAsiaGroup’s 250+ professionals are committed to delivering on the Group’s mission to empower people to build healthier financial lives.
The Group has raised more than US$100 million from investors including IFC, a member of the World Bank Group, Alibaba Entrepreneurs Fund, Goldman Sachs Investment Partners VC and Growth Equity, Experian, Pacific Century Group, Jardines, SBI Group, ACE & Company, Stem Financial Route 66 Ventures and H&Q Utrust.Learn more about how CompareAsiaGroup empowers people across Asia to build healthier financial lives at http://www.compareasiagroup.com/.
Join one of the fastest growing, young enterprises in Asia as we revolutionize the financial and insurance industries through technology