Equinix is one of the fastest growing data center companies, growing connectivity between clients worldwide. That’s why we're always looking for creative and forward thinking people who can help us achieve our goal of global interconnection. With 200 data centers in over 24 countries spanning across 5 continents, we are home to the Cloud, supporting over 1000 Cloud and IT services companies that are directly engaged in technological innovation and development. We are passionate about further evolving the specific areas of software development, software and network architecture, network operations and complex cloud and application solutions.
At Equinix, we make the internet work faster, better, and more optimally. We hire hardworking people who grow with solving hard problems and give them opportunities to hone new skills, try innovative ways, and grow in new directions. Our culture is at the heart of our success and it’s our authentic, low ego, dedicated people who build The Magic of Equinix. We share a real passion for winning and put the customer at the center of everything we do.
Responsible for supporting and developing improvement changes and methods and projects for the Data Center.
· Manages physical security and business continuity rollouts, including compliance
· Likely to manage smaller process rollouts, less complex, and with fewer stakeholders
· May participate in some cross-functional teams to review security and business continuity processes within the IBX, refine or make suggestions for continuous improvement and support implementation of changes; ensures process adherence
· Contributes and participates in process improvement projects
· Manages tasks within some cross-functional projects
· Plans, coordinates and monitors project steps from start to completion (e.g., sets deadlines, assigns responsibilities, monitors and summarizes progress of project, conducts meetings)
Support to IBX
· Analyzes key performance indicators and proposes improvement recommendations to standardize/enhance processes
· Provides day to day support to multiple IBX's, and may oversee IBX Operations Security & Compliance
Compliance and Audit Support
· Addresses assigned audit findings and tracks them to closure
· Supports customer audits, RFPs and RFIs
· Conducts and compiles data for management reporting
· Reviews and develops content for training materials
· Conducts security training for all sites in scope within the schedule
· Identifies training needs for stakeholders
· Responsible for regular and ad-hoc training (for example, new hire training)
· Develops industry knowledge
Systems Support (Americas only)
· Builds hands-on knowledge of security systems
· Provides security systems support for IBX Operations on complex issues and installation efforts
· Maintains currency of knowledge with respect to relevant state-of-the-art technology, equipment, and/or systems, including lifecycle analysis
Design Engineering (Americas only)
· Implements both existing and new design methods and standards for new IBX design engineering efforts
· Recommends alterations to design, development, implementation and analysis to improve quality of products, new technologies, procedures, and/or efficiencies
· Provides drawing reviews of both internal and cross-functional designs
Equinix is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, status as a protected veteran, or status as a qualified individual with disability.