As a leading global supplier of wafer fabrication equipment and services to the semiconductor industry, Lam Research develops innovative solutions that help our customers build smaller, faster, and more power-efficient devices.
We are a company comprised of people who work hard, deliver outstanding results and maintain a sense of humor during even the most challenging times. Our success results from our employees' diverse technical and business expertise, which fuels close collaboration and ongoing innovation. We know that our dynamic, global team of exceptional employees is essential to our continued growth.
Join the Lam Research team, where you can play a vital role in the future of electronics and write your own success story.
Sr. Process Engineer - Clean/Wet Etch (m/f/d)
- Responsible for performing professional process engineering research, development, and evaluation in support of the company’s complex semiconductor capital equipment and systems.
- Reviews processing techniques and methods applied in the manufacture, fabrication and evaluation of products. Involvement may begin at any step from pilot plant to full-scale manufacturing.
- Conceives and plans projects involving definition and selection of new concepts and approaches in the processing or development of new processes.
- Compiles and evaluates test data to determine appropriate limits and variables for process specifications.
- Supports customer technology managers (CTM) in the planning, data collection, analysis, and reporting of customer demos to defend existing process applications.
- Drives the adoption of new technology at the customer site. Works closely with customer to demonstrate and introduce new technologies at customer sites through demos, on site evaluations, and new tool qualifications.
- Works with customer and senior engineers cross functionally to understand roadmaps, process flow, inflection points, requirements and business issues/ challenges.
- Contributes to product development and release activities.
- May act as CTM-single point of contact accountable for process related requests.
Other Job Responsibilities
- Acts as a resource for colleagues with less experience; may lead small projects with manageable risks and resource requirements.
- Works with cross-functional teams to get information and results needed.
- Professionally represents the company to the customer. Utilize knowledge of company’s product lines and services to keep existing/ potential customers informed when new/ additional needs are identified.
- Actively addresses any potential issues at the customer site and provide alternative solutions. Drive implementation of new solutions for the customer.
- Flexibility to travel to meet business requirements (<25% of the time)
- Ph.D. in Materials Science, Chemical Engineering, Chemistry or Physics with 5 years of relevant work; or
- M.S. with 8+ years of relevant work experience; or
- B.S. with 12+ years of work experience.
- Minimum 5 years of Process Engineer experience in the semiconductor industry (preferably with clean/wet etch processes)
- Familiarity with working in a chemical laboratory.
- Experience in surface preparation and analytical techniques.
- In-depth understanding and working knowledge of Statistical Process Control (SPC) and Design of Experiments (DOE).
- Strong organizational skills and demonstrated ability to manage multiple tasks simultaneously and ability to react to shifting priorities to meet business needs and deadlines.
- Excellent people skills with demonstrated ability to work effectively and efficiently with diverse teams, customers, internal and external partners.
- Ability to exercise independent judgement by applying scientific and technical knowledge.
- Able to function well in a fast paced, dynamic environment with competing priorities.
- Strong analytical skills and ability to lead and influence cross functional teams.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills and presentation skills in English.
Villach - a great place to live and work
Follow the link www.welcome2villach.at and you will find on the spot the most important information about living, working and studying in and around Villach/Austria.
We believe it is important for every person to feel valued, included, and empowered to achieve their full potential. By bringing unique individuals and viewpoints together, we achieve extraordinary results.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, sex, color, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or on the basis of disability.