Imerys is a world leader in creating specialty solutions that improve everyday life through minerals. Our success is built on our people, and creating an environment where our 17,800 employees around the globe can thrive.
We passionately believe that our teams are at their best when they have the opportunity to learn, collaborate and find new ways to solve our customers’ challenges, no matter what part of the business they are in.
We can offer you a variety of work and real opportunities to make an impact and be part of our evolution.
If you want to grow your skills and develop your career, find out more at [...] PositionProject & Process Manager
JOB SCOPE/ DIMENSIONS
Based in Wuhu/ Shanghai, the project manager will report directly to Project Director PM APAC. He/ she supports all major industrial projects, as well as supporting Process and Engineering subjects in existing assets within the North Asia region (10 operation units).
Imerys is an International Industrial Group with more than 17,000 people with 270 locations in more than 50 countries. The world leader in mineral-based specialties for industry, Imerys delivers high value-added, functional solutions to a great number of sectors, from processing industries to consumer goods and building products.
As part of Imerys group, Performance Minerals APAC Business Area is a world leading supplier of industrial mineral solutions, full prepared bodies and glazes for the sanitaryware, tile and tableware industries, with a competitive offering for engineering ceramics, glass, construction and other non-ceramic related markets.
KEY TASKS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
● Provides project leadership and engineering guidance to “make things happen”according to Imerys protocols.
● Support and follow up on process studies/ trials, and define processing treatments to be implemented.
● Drive process optimization and benchmarking exercises, support continuous improvements.
● Provide budget estimates, validate project costing. Assist to develop project business plan.
● Supervise the different steps of conception and realization of industrial projects while collaborating with the process and operation team.
● Coordinate the engineering work and interface with external engineering companies for large scale projects.
● Ensure the timely achievement of all governmental approvals and permits as needed.
● Validate the scope of work and equipment specifications.
● Validate, review and modify design drawings for construction, such as civil & structural, piping, mechanical, electrical and automation.
● Manage the tendering documents and bids in cooperation with the purchasing team and internal process experts.
● Schedule work and monitor the schedule and costs to guarantee project’s timing, work quality and budget.
● Develop project scope and objective, involving all relevant stakeholders and ensure technical feasibility.
● Create and maintain comprehensive project documents, schedule and update project status to Management on a regular basis.
● Ensure efficient project controls tools (cost, schedule, risk) are in place.
● Facilitate project decision, follow up actions and tasks.
● Project Planning. Monitor and control project cost and schedule.
● Contract management. Coordinate purchasing.
● Project risk management.
● Supervise works and commissioning on-site. Uphold Imerys safety standards.
● Interface with internal and external engineering groups/ vendors/ subject experts/ governmental agencies.
● Establish process benchmarking, mass balance and energy balance.
● Conception of new processing ideas, coordinate trials in lab, pilot scale, or industrial scale.
Support continuous improvement in process audit and plant optimization.
Education and Experience requirements:
● Native Chinese speaker.
● Proficiency in English, both written and spoken.
● Degree in Engineering, preferably major in Chemical / Processing.
● Extensive Project management experience is required. PMP would be appreciated.
● 8-10 years of experience involving/ managing industrial projects. Regional exposure would be appreciated.
● Production experience is essential.
● Mining/minerals industry experience is preferred.
● Experience in designing clean, safe, trouble free plants, caring for details and knowledgeable in dust control and water treatment.
Knowledge, skills, abilities and other characteristics:
● Used to working in a complex global/ matrix organization
● Self-motivated, ability to independently lead and motivate the team
● Committed and autonomous
● Ability to communicate and work with all levels of management & cultures
● Good negotiation and influencing skills
● Organized and rigorous, pay attention to details
● Operational experience in production environment
● Familiar with project management tools and project financial/ cost tracking tools
● HSE knowledge
● CAPEX planning experience
● Flexible to undertake business travel both domestically and internationally to support delivery of projects.
Position TypeFull time
Only technical issues will be monitored through the below inbox:
PLEASE DO NOT SUBMIT RESUMES OR APPLICATIONS TO THIS EMAIL, AS THEY WILL NOT BE REVIEWED.
To ensure fairness and legal compliance in our recruitment processes, only applications received through the online application process will be considered.
IMERYS is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer and it is our policy to not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, disability, veteran status, or any other status protected by federal, state or local laws.