Process Specialist / Engineer, Pfizer, Ringaskiddy, Cork
Please note, we may not have an active opening at this time. If your skills and experience match this position, our Talent Acquisition team will connect with you as soon as this opportunity becomes available. Please apply if you would like to be added to this pool of candidates for consideration for future vacancies.
*Due to high volume of applications we will be contacting successful candidates only.
About Pfizer Ringaskiddy
Pfizer Cork Active Pharmaceutical Ingredient (API) is a multi-award-winning site based in Ringaskiddy close to Cork Harbour and within 8 miles of Cork City. The site has over 600 colleagues and is a key manufacturing facility in the Pfizer Global Supply Network specializing in New Product Introduction and bulk manufacturing of a wide range of Pfizer’s patented and non-patented products.
The site plays a critically strategic role within Pfizer and have been the default site for new global API product scale up and launch campaigns.
The Process Specialist/Engineer role provides you with an excellent opportunity to work in a dynamic and continually evolving site with a chance to work with leading edge technology. The site is a designated Great Place to Work site with excellent career development & career advancement opportunities, as well as a strong record in international exchange programmes.
About the role
The Process Specialist/Engineer role will successfully co-ordinate the manufacture of key API processes and provide appropriate technical support to process teams to sustain and improve the processes assigned.
• Co-ordinate the manufacture of key API processes.
• Provide process technical support to process teams to sustain & improve the processes assigned.
• Promote a flawless execution manufacturing environment.
• Trouble-shoot and provide sustainable solutions for root cause processing problems.
• Ensure the process, the plant, the automation & process operators / PSL’s are appropriately aligned to run processes per Process Safety & Product Quality attributes.
• Manage the equipment & unit operation process knowledge, information and data requirements associated with production.
• Effectively use the site business processes to support production e.g. change control, deviations, 6 sigma method investigations, etc.
• Technical transfer, scale –up & installation of new processes & new unit operations onto and with-in the plant.
• Support Process & Facility start-ups, initial campaigns & process optimizations.
• Support plant process change overs and plant clean ups.
• Use computer-based modelling, simulation & analysis to look for improvement opportunities and to analyse problems.
• Identify hazards, assess their relative risk and incorporate recommendations into your process designs.
• Install & apply innovative technologies solutions.
What We Offer;
• Have excellent inter-personal skills and communication skills.
• Have strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
• Strong collaborative skills with an ability to work effectively in a team environment.
• Have a willingness to learn and be challenged.
• Be change focused.
• Have creativity to identify improvement opportunities and the initiative to see them implemented.
Experience & Education;
If your experience and skill set match the above, what are you waiting for?
How to Apply;
Make a difference today, all suitable candidates should apply though the link with CV provided. We are looking forward to hearing from you!
Pfizer is an equal opportunity employer and complies with all applicable equal employment opportunity legislation in each jurisdiction in which it operates.Manufacturing