Posting Date: Apr 13, 2021
Primary Location: Americas-Canada-Quebec-Montreal
- To work with some of the best professionals in the business - for a firm that values individual intellect as much as teamwork
- State-of-the-art offices that are designed to maximize collaboration
- Flexible working arrangements
- Enriching challenges that provide opportunity for constant learning and advancement
- An environment which is leveraging technology to its highest potential
Corporate and Funding Technology is comprised of three primary areas: Operations & Risk, Corporate and Client Financing.
- Operations & Risk helps the Firm’s businesses while maintaining a strong risk profile. The group includes Operations, Funding, Finance and Risk Technology.
- Corporate improves our operating environment and is made up of Legal, Compliance & Corporate Governance, Digital & Corporate Communications and Human Resources Technology groups.
- Client Financing platforms provide technology and service to our hedge fund and Asia high-net-worth clients. Groups include Prime Brokerage, Private Wealth Management Asia and Counterparty Risk Technology.
Operations Technology (OT) develops strategic solutions that support key business processes, including Settlements, Confirmations, Regulatory Reporting, Position Keeping, Anti-Money Laundering and Trade Surveillance. Our clients include Institutional Securities Group, Wealth Management, Enterprise Operational Risk & Control, Risk, Internal Audit and Operations.
Shared Services has a global team and growing its presence in New York, Montreal, London, and Mumbai. We are looking for a Machine Learning / Natural Language Processing Specialist to explore, design and develop new solutions for Firm-wide user base. Leveraging many tools such as H2O, Keras and Spark ML. The ideal candidate should hold an advanced degree in a quantitative discipline and has experience researching, building, and maintaining data science models at scale in an enterprise environment. The position requires good communication skills, ability to work together in cross-functional technical teams in different areas of the organization.
- Independently work on end-to-end development of Machine Learning and Natural Language Processing models to derive insights from research publications, legal documents, regulatory requirements etc.
- Technical analysis and software development
- Design and implement business solution in agile squads
- Engage in Machine Learning project, which includes problem definition, Data Engineering, Machine Learning design and documentation for the model risk management and running all the needed ML tests to ensure reliability.
- Develop, maintain and track detailed delivery plans
- Hands on development, testing, change management (full SDLC)
- MSc./PhD in Mathematics, Statistics, Economics, Data Science, Machine Learning, Operational Research, Physics, and other related quantitative fields.
- 5+ years of experience with design and implementation of machine learning, predictive analysis, data science, knowledge bases, recommendation systems, information retrieval.
- Strong understanding of the foundational concepts and applied experience in Machine Learning (ideally, a combination of excellent academic research and high-impact commercial projects).
- In depth understanding of common Machine Learning algorithms (e.g., for classification, regression and clustering).
- In depth knowledge of advanced statistical theories, methodologies, and inference tools.
- Proven track record in some of the advanced topics such as Bayesian inference, hierarchical models, deep learning, Gaussian processes, and causal inference.
- Practical experience in preparing data for Machine Learning integrating with big-data platforms and high-performance computing ecosystems.
- Ability to work with global, cross-functional teams
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Experience in applying different NLP techniques to problems such as sentence summarization, question answering, sentiment analysis, knowledge extraction and conversational bots
- Development experience in Python or Java/Scala with good command over respective data pipelining, matrix algebra and statistics libraries
- Linux, Unix, Shell Scripting.
- Java, Python, H2O, Keras, Tensorflow
- Object-Oriented Programming.
- Experience with non-English Natural Language Processing.
- Deep learning programming experience with Python/Tensorflow or similar library in a GPU environment
- Banking / Financial Services experience is a plus.
- Experience working with external reference datasets like SQUAD, SemEval, MSRP, WikTable, WikiQA, AllenAI etc.
- Tuning and optimization of sequential deep learning models
Morgan Stanley is a global financial services firm and a market leader in investment banking, securities, investment management and wealth management services. At Morgan Stanley Montreal, we are shaping the future of our global business and contributing to our local community. Our team works across numerous areas.
Morgan Stanley is an equal opportunities employer. We work to provide a supportive and inclusive environment where all individuals can maximise their full potential. Our skilled and creative workforce is comprised of individuals drawn from a broad cross section of the global communities in which we operate and who reflect a variety of backgrounds, talents, perspectives and experiences. Our strong commitment to a culture of inclusion is evident through our constant focus on recruiting, developing and advancing individuals based on their skills and talents.
Knowledge of French and English is required.
Spotlight on our Montreal Technology Centre: [...] dated October 2019.
Build a career with impact. Visit morganstanley.com for more information.