- Engage and align with internal customers/stakeholders:
- Gain stakeholder and leadership support through the development and implementation of category strategies.
- Determine and incorporate business requirements when building the portfolio of purchasing projects; develop and execute sourcing strategies aligned to stakeholder needs.
- Develop long-term pipeline of opportunities (savings, cash flow, growth, other value) based on internal and external factors.
- Engage and incorporate tools and methodologies to optimize procurement activities associated with effective and timely implementation.
- Collaborate with Category Management leaders to ensure alignment with site sourcing plans.
- Demonstrate the ability to integrate into the GPO Transformation efforts and socialize and communicate GPO Transformation efforts and milestones at the site level.
- Demonstrate a category management mindset by using proper category management tools throughout the strategic sourcing process.
- Understand external market factors and their implications and build in the plan and approach to address them as part of the sourcing strategy and annual budget process.
- Demonstrate expertise in the engagement and utilization of procurement tools including RFx’s, contracting and scorecards/reports/communications, etc.
- Conduct outreach and alignment of sourcing process with other organizations within the company, including the GPO (Global Procurement Organization) and other Catalent sites.
- Drive compliance to procurement policies and procedures.
- Support the preparation of annual sourcing plans linked to annual budgets in order to maximize value contribution, drive improvements and minimize risks.
- Analyze market and delivery conditions to determine present and future supply availability and recommend optimal procurement channels.
- Perform in-depth analysis of assigned categories to identify and understand future price trends and budget cost projections.
- Identify and lead projects, in conjunction with suppliers and the businesses, to reduce costs and improve efficiencies throughout the supply chain.
- Lead negotiations to maximize the delivery of value to the business.
- Understand the capabilities of the supply base and select suppliers based on best-in-class criteria to ensure the reliable delivery of consistently high-quality products.
- Conduct business in an ethical and professional manner to ensure avoidance of all actual and potential conflicts of interest.
- Understand supplier capabilities and competitive marketing conditions as they relate to categories under management.
- Monitor vendor and product performance to ensure they continually meet the highest standards.
- Monitor purchasing department metrics and execute plans to achieve goals.
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Finance, Operations, Supply Chain, Life Sciences, Engineering or comparable disciplines. Masters preferred; Industry certifications a plus.
- Minimum of 5 years of progressive international experience and career advancement in procurement or comparable function.
- Experience working in a pharmaceutical, manufacturing and/or GMP facility.
Skills and Competencies Required:
- Possesses a strong working knowledge and experience in key procurement areas including best-in-class practices, principles, process, tools and methodologies in:
- Direct materials and indirect materials and services
- Insourcing/outsourcing analysis and assessment
- Cost Modeling/TCO
- Legal and contract law
- New product development and sourcing
- Ability to development and implement sourcing strategies.
- Clear knowledge and understanding of supply market, industry and category dynamics.
- Successful track record leading and managing complex negotiations.
- Demonstrates strong business acumen and critical thinking to create and evaluate innovative options and uses a fact-based decision-making process to develop and implement strategies that will drive positive results and deliver value.
- Effectively assesses risk and implements mitigation plans to either prevent or minimize impact to ensure business continuity.
- Capable of technical and commercial assessments and appraisals of potential and existing sources of supplies.
- Expertise in successfully executing Supplier Management programs.
- Demonstrates strong analytical skills including and understanding and application of financial analysis tools and metrics.
- Ability to understand key business drivers and requirements to build and sustain sourcing strategies.
- Proven track record of engaging and working with stakeholders to understand business requirements and gain support for the development, approval and implementation of procurement and sourcing strategies
- Stays abreast of key market information, trends, and innovations needed to continue to drive excellence.
- Direct knowledge of Enterprise Resources Planning software and procurement systems and their functionality.
- Demonstrated ability to interact with all levels of management and staff.
- Ability to build, lead, and participate in functional/cross-functional teams
- Understands and has experience in successfully managing change initiatives
- Experience and success as a facilitator.
- Proven success in a supervisory, management or leadership role in Purchasing.
- Encourages collaboration at all levels across functional boundaries, between procurement and the business.
- Collaborative, strong relationship builder, with a proven track record of establishing and maintaining effective internal and external customer/supplier relationships.
- Actively engages colleagues to make joint decisions and share best practices.
- Exceptional oral and written communication skills to communicate effectively with all levels within the organization and with external stakeholders.
- Ability to effectively deal with conflict and defuse and resolve difficult situations
- Ability to influence and persuade others.
- Sensitivity and understanding of cultural differences and the ability to effectively engage on a global basis.
- Strong values, personal integrity and sound ethics.
- Strong problem-solving skills and the ability to react, adapt and drive positive change.
- Results and service oriented; can operate with a sense of urgency.
- High energy, self-starter able to multi-task and work on a cross functional basis.
- Strong time management and planning skills.
- Values others’ perspectives and inputs and possesses an appetite and desire for continuous learning.
- Demonstrates passion and commitment to achieving and delivering results against established goals and objectives.
- Demonstrates a willingness to constructively challenge the status quo.
- Use of facts, data and insights to help support an effective and timely decision-making process.
- Ability to understand problems and solve them through the application of experiential, conceptual and innovative thinking as well as through use of data.
Catalent offers rewarding opportunities to further your career! Join the global drug development and delivery leader and help us bring over 7,000 life-saving and life-enhancing products to patients around the world. Catalent is an exciting and growing international company where employees work directly with pharma, biopharma and consumer health companies of all sizes to advance new medicines from early development to clinical trials and to the market. Catalent produces more than 70 billion doses per year, and each one will be used by someone who is counting on us. Join us in making a difference.
Catalent is committed to the health and safety of its employees, visitors and the customers and patients we serve. As a result of the global pandemic, we have modified many of our recruitment and on-boarding processes to maintain everyone’s safety. The Human Resources teams will communicate all necessary safety processes and procedures throughout each stage.
Catalent. More products. Better treatments. Reliably supplied. ™
Visit www.catalent.com/careers to explore career opportunities.
C atalent is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation or gender identity. If you require reasonable accommodation for any part of the application or hiring process due to a disability, you may submit your request by sending an email, and confirming your request for an accommodation and include the job number, title and location to DisabilityAccommodations@catalent.com . This option is reserved for individuals who require accommodation due to a disability. Information received will be processed by a U.S. Catalent employee and then routed to a local recruiter who will provide assistance to ensure appropriate consideration in the application or hiring process.
Notice to Agency and Search Firm Representatives: Catalent Pharma Solutions (Catalent) is not accepting unsolicited resumes from agencies and/or search firms for this job posting. Resumes submitted to any Catalent employee by a third party agency and/or search firm without a valid written & signed search agreement, will become the sole property of Catalent. No fee will be paid if a candidate is hired for this position as a result of an unsolicited agency or search firm referral. Thank you.
Posted 30+ Days Ago
Catalent = Catalyst + Talent
Your talents, ideas, and passion are essential to our mission: to develop, manufacture, and supply products that help people live better, healthier lives. Join us!
personal initiative. dynamic pace. meaningful work.
Catalent is the perfect place to grow your career if…
- You enjoy the fast pace of a start-up, but want the opportunities and stability of a growing, publicly traded company (Listed on NYSE: CTLT).
- You want meaningful work. From cough treatments to cancer-fighting drugs, biologics, and vitamins, we help develop, launch, and supply over 200 new products each year – more than any branded drug maker in the world!
- You want to plant your career in a growing company. Over the last five years, Catalent has re-invested more than $2 billion back into the company and its people.
- You are excited about learning, collaborating, and growing alongside a global diverse team. Our team of more than 11,000 comes to work every day ready to overcome new challenges with teamwork, advanced technologies, and a passion to deliver by putting patients first.
- You want to make a global impact! From North America to Europe, Asia to Latin America, we have innovative science and manufacturing teams who are looking for YOU!
- See how our teams are making a difference, while growing their careers and fulfilling our mission by putting patients first every day here .