Afterpay has transformed the way people pay by allowing shoppers to receive products immediately and pay in four simple installments over a short period of time. The service is completely free for customers who pay on time - helping consumers spend money responsibly, without incurring interest, fees or revolving and extended debt. Afterpay is offered by more than 55,400 of the world’s best retailers and has more than 7.3 million active customers globally. The solution is currently available in Australia, New Zealand, the United States and the United Kingdom where it is called Clearpay. Afterpay evolves quickly and is on a mission to be the world’s most loved way to pay and an employer of choice. We are on a rocketship most days so if you are up for a challenge, like the notion of joining a business with big dreams and
love being part of a high performing team then please grab a ticket and contact us today.
You may also check out in our linked in page: [...] Role
As we continue to rapidly expand our business at Afterpay, a new opportunity has been created
for a Marketing Data Engineer. The ideal candidate will have deep and hands-on experience in
large scale data processing, be responsible for analysis, design, develop for marketing
data. The candidate will also have great interpersonal skills to work with global cross-
functional teams to address complex business requirements.
This position will be based in our Shanghai Technology Center.
● Develop an auto experiments insight platform to measure and visualize the
effectiveness of product tests, enable quick readout to assist product feature rollout.
● Collect the input from other product analyst team (marketing analyst team, checkout
analyst team, etc) to improve the auto experiments insight platform.
● Develop a deep understanding of consumer behaviors and the linkage with products,
convert the insights into products to drive growth.
● Use analytical insights to solve important business problems and formulate robust,
actionable recommendations for leadership.
● Utilize excellent communication skills to clearly distill the essence of your technical work
to audiences of all levels and across multiple functional areas.
● Master degree or above in Engineering, Computer Science, Mathematics, Statistics,
Finance or related fields.
● 3+ years of work experience involving data analysis, preferably with business analytics /
marketing analytics experience
● Strong software programming skills and familiar with at least one programming
language. Experience with SQL, Python, and/or modeling skills.
● Passion for finding insights in data and driving change based on those insights.
● Exceptional communication skills; ability to simplify and present complex analytical
concepts to senior leadership.
● Fluency in English, both written and oral.
● Work experience with data visualization tools like Tableau, Looker, or Power BI is a plus.
● Knowledge of E-commerce, online payment and mobile a is a strong plus.