Double is a flexible assistant service for busy executives. We help CEOs and their teams save time and focus on what they do best, by matching them with a dedicated remote assistant. We provide the tools and methods to make delegation and task management effortless, so executives and assistants are always in sync. We help our clients with a wide range of tasks, like scheduling, travel, inbox management, administrative tasks, personal tasks, and much more!
We started in April 2018 and have closed $6M+ in fundraising with top-tier VCs. We grew 6x in the last year, and are now looking for an exceptional Product Designer to join our team.
On the product front, we've built a software ecosystem that includes apps for Web, iPhone and Chrome, for both assistants and executives. Our product mission is to help CEOs become better executives by providing the platform to efficiently communicate, manage tasks, improve their delegation skills, and build the best relationship with their assistant.
About the role
You are the Product Designer we're looking for if you are creative, collaborative, persistent, autonomous, and curious! You love solving complex problems and are not afraid to work on a constantly evolving product that is still in its early stage, and where each feature is an experiment. You are eager to bring your voice to the table to challenge the existing product experience and help define its future.
You're customer-centric and won't stop before you have a deep understanding of their problems and goals, you are excited about the challenges faced by a business like Double, and you are deeply convinced that good design can drive business goals of conversion, loyalty and efficiency.
Who you are
- 2+ years of professional experience using Figma or Sketch and pushing these design tools to their limits. You are fluent in nested symbols/components and auto-layout constraints.
- Experience conducting qualitative user research and usability testing. You enjoy talking to customers and summarizing your research for your teammates.
- Experience designing icon sets and simple illustrations for desktop and mobile.
- Passionate about product and design, you love sharing examples of good products and how to create desirable experiences. You are eager to advocate these principles to the team.
- Strong product sense, strong bar in visual and interaction design. Interest in copywriting, microcopy is part of the design.
- Intensely curious, you are a persistent and quick learner. Staying ahead of new ideas, technologies and other opportunities is key to building the best product.
- Strong interest in studying people's behaviors and motivations: how they learn, what motivates them, how they create habits and how a product can influence behavior.
- Autonomous, you fill the gaps, make your own decisions, or ask for help when you need it.
- Communicative, you like to explain your thought process and decisions to the team. You can frame a problem effectively by looking at patterns of user behaviors.
- Comfortable with uncertainty and things changing fast, this is early stage startup life. You're constantly balancing the need for quality and well thought details with the required speed of iteration. You're not hesitant to cut down scope to move and learn faster.
- Strong interest in productivity and the future of work.
- Bonus: front-end coding experience.
What you will do
In the 1st month, you will
- Get entirely familiar with our product, join a real executive onboarding to understand the executive's user journey, and start talking to assistants to understand their pain points.
- Solve a few small design problems, build the final UI and ship it to customers right away.
- Get onboarded on a bigger cross-functional feature, and start adding your voice to inform the product direction.
In the first 6 months, you will
- Develop a strong understanding of our users (both executives and assistants) through interviews and lots of qualitative user research, so you can make more informed decisions.
- Internalize all the details of our product, brand and marketing strategies.
- Explore solutions to given business problems by using visual storytelling and prototyping, constantly evaluating which tool will allow us to test specific hypotheses faster.
- Ship real value to our users, by working hand-in-hand with a product manager to jointly develop a vision, prioritize design work, and execute on a strategy for several key features.
- Communicate, explain, debate, and do everything asynchronously. We do have real-time meetings, but as a remote team, a lot of our collaboration is asynchronous and written.
Within the first 12 months, you will have
- Collaborated with Marketing, Customer Success, Operations on top of Engineering, to solve problems for our users, and to represent the voice of product design internally.
- Created and updated a useful, usable and desirable product experience on several platforms and for our two key audiences (CEOs, executive assistants).
- Defined and advocated for our product design principles, according to the industry's best practices for visual and interaction design, both on desktop and mobile.
- Taken a step back on how to constantly get to high-quality results faster, including by maintaining and improving our design system for web and mobile.
- Started thinking about the future of the design team and how hiring someone with complementary skills could help us get to a better product faster.
Benefits & perks
- An insanely supportive team, working to build great products and make delegation simpler and easier for everyone
- A competitive salary, and a generous equity package
- Fully remote position & the technology you need to work from home
- Unlimited PTO
- Participation in medical, dental, and vision insurance
- Wellness stipend to help you manage and balance your physical, emotional, educational, and financial well-being
- Offsite team outings
We're a dynamic team that values a transparent and innovative work environment. We work hard to support each other in many ways. We value doers, people who are not afraid to break things and experiment.
You will be reporting directly to Christophe, our Co-Founder and Chief product Officer. You will also work in close contact with Florent, our Engineering Manager, as well as our Operations, Growth, and Engineering teams.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.