We are a leading independent global asset manager, dedicated to delivering the best outcomes for our clients through a highly diversified range of actively-managed products. We are truly global, supporting our individual and institutional investors across a range of products, encompassing equities, fixed income, multi-asset and alternatives. Our high-energy and collaborative culture at Janus Henderson helps our client achieve their goals and ensures that our people love the place they work.
Product Development Manager (12mth Fixed Term)
Distribution is responsible for the marketing, promotion and ongoing development of our product offering, for both institutional and intermediary channels globally. Distribution is a trusted partner to our clients and we enable investment solutions through active management. Areas within Distribution consist of Sales, Global Marketing, Global Product and Investment Trusts.
Overview of the role
You will work alongside the Head of Product, Australia and Senior Product Development Associate to help fulfil all aspects relating to the maintenance of the product set in Australia, new product launches and enhancements to the existing range. You will form part of the wider global product development team based in the UK, US and Singapore, and assist the Head of Product with maintaining an Australian presence as part of wider product strategic decisions made by the business
Duties and responsibilities
You will focus on primarily supporting the Product Development Team in all aspects including:
- Manage Janus Henderson’s fund product set with a focus on fund offer document maintenance including the annual fund offer document review process and board reporting;
- Assist with the fund launch process including the preparation of fund offer documents as well as the due diligence processes associated with it;
- Work closely with Distribution and Marketing teams to ensure alignment, strong communication and working relationships;
- Build strong working relationships and a liaison point for other Janus Henderson businesses across Asia, the UK, Europe and the US as appropriate.
- Assist local product management and development activities, including opportunity identification, product profitability management and management/delivery of all required supporting collateral;
- Act as a liaison point for all third party service providers in relation to product development activities (e.g. Legal);
- Assist the Head of Product, Australia with project management of any local or global projects as they relate to Janus Henderson Australia in regard to product functions;
- Manage new and existing platform agreements and rebate agreements with platforms;
- Produce and present reports and memos to the Board of Directors.
- Carry out additional duties as assigned
Technical skills and qualifications
- Previous working experience within the funds management industry, with ideally a combination of Institutional, Wholesale and Retail experience in product and/or marketing; 3 to 5 years’ working experience in product development within the financial services industry;
- Degree qualified, preferably in a Business, Economics, Finance, Legal or Marketing discipline;
- Understanding of major investment markets across most asset classes;
- Strong understanding of the Australian financial services marketplace and its component parts, across all channels;
- Working understanding of Australian Corporations Law, ASIC licensing and compliance regimes and superannuation regulations;
- Strong Excel, Word and PowerPoint skills
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal;
- Excellent critical reasoning and numeracy skills, with the ability to think laterally;
- Ability to operate across business functionalities;
- Excellent organisational and time management skills, with a proven ability to set and work to priorities and deadlines;
- An ability to work and think independently and proactively;
- The ability to manage several projects simultaneously, yet still maintaining a strong attention to detail;
- A desire to “roll sleeves up” and work as part of a small team for the “greater good” of the company, showing flexibility and a shared desire to achieve results;
- A strong sense of “team” and a strong focus on client needs;
- Clear desire to learn, understand and grow;
- Proven ability to think and act proactively;
- Leading and setting the standard for a high performing team;
- Demonstrated willingness to “pitch in” and help on tasks when required;
- Shown an ability to manage multiple tasks and timeframes;
- Develop strong working relationships with all staff at Janus Henderson Australia;
- Development of strong, open and communicative relationships with key people across relevant Janus Henderson international offices;
- Attention to detail and quality focus;
- Quality communications at all times;
- Quickly becoming a highly valued member of the team;
- Obvious enjoyment, involvement, achievement and personal satisfaction in the role
Ongoing competence in the role to be assessed, in line with applicable regulatory requirements, by:
- Annual performance appraisal
- Completion of all assigned compliance training
At a minimum the role will require you to:
- Place the interest of Janus Henderson’s Clients first, act in accordance with TCF (Treating Customers Fairly) principles
- Understand and follow laws and regulations applicable for your role, seeking the help of your supervising manager or Compliance if additional guidance is required
- Understand and abide by all Janus Henderson policies applicable to your role, and seek support/guidance of the policy owner guidance when required
- You are ultimately accountable for your actions and responsible for seeking further information on any or all of the above as necessary.
Must have the right to live and work in Austrailia
Janus Henderson (including its subsidiaries) will not maintain existing or sponsor new industry registrations or licenses where not supported by an employee’s job functions (as determined by Janus Henderson at its sole discretion).
All applicants must be willing to comply with the provisions of Janus Henderson Investment Advisory Code of Ethics related to personal securities activities and other disclosure and certification requirements, including past political contributions and political activities. Applicants’ past political contributions or activity may impact applicants’ eligibility for this position. Janus Henderson is an equal opportunity /Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status. All applications are subject to background checks.