We work to connect and power an inclusive, digital economy that benefits everyone, everywhere by making transactions safe, simple, smart and accessible. Using secure data and networks, partnerships and passion, our innovations and solutions help individuals, financial institutions, governments and businesses realize their greatest potential. Our decency quotient, or DQ, drives our culture and everything we do inside and outside of our company. We cultivate a culture of inclusion for all employees that respects their individual strengths, views, and experiences. We believe that our differences enable us to be a better team – one that makes better decisions, drives innovation and delivers better business results.
Manager, Product Management-TechnicalOverview
• Responsible for developing inspiring platform/product visions, derived from business needs, market opportunities, and technology trends
• Using the Working Backwards method, decomposes business requirements and customer experiences into features and functions that drive the platform/product roadmap
• Works with Technical Program Managers, Developers, UX designers, and internal customers to define the details behind the business requirements
• Collects and shares user stories with engineering teams
• Acts as the voice of the business customer and accountable for the platform services
• Sets the vision and direction for sets of features
• Leads individual contributors who are conceptualizing the one-to-two year view of how the platform product portfolio solves business and customer needs
• Exhibits expertise across multiple platform products and builds tight connections to resources to drive overall strategy and teams inside your organization while influencing those outside your organization to deliver the expected results
• Dives deep into the work of you team and identify short-and-medium-term risks to platform product development and segment adoption, while proposing solutions to address them
• Continuously monitors feature development and associated defects at the platform product level as well as runtime operational metrics for in market capabilities
• Develops and communicates team vision that supports the broader organizational vision
• Makes trade-off decisions as required
• Contributes to organizational planning
• Manage escalations, assess the alternative to resolve (path to green) and builds a plan for resolution
• Own and deliver on post-launch reviews and customer feedback, drives the associated actions, and incorporates feedback into the future launch plans
• Shares best practice with other Mastercard teams
• Engages with business customers to identify key platform product issues; solicits feedback on platform product roadmap
• Leverages data analysis skills to research difficult or ambiguous problems, leading cross-disciplinary teams where necessary and communicating recommendations to senior leadership
• Oversees team-wide product operations, leads junior PM-Ts who may own individual components, and coordinates team-wide improvement goals
• May represent Mastercard with external stakeholders for escalations and during strategic roadmap discussions
• Drives adoption of existing platform products into multiple marketplaces (in some cases simultaneously) with help from leadership
• Provides regular coaching and feedback to direct reports to help grow individual functional skills and leadership capabilities, with support from senior managers
• Sets goals for individuals to achieve department or function level goals
Due to COVID-19, most of our employees are working from home. We’ve implemented a virtual hiring process and continue to interview candidates by phone or video and are onboarding new hires remotely. We value the safety of each member of our community because we know we’re all in this together.
Mastercard is an inclusive Equal Employment Opportunity employer that considers applicants without regard to gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, ethnicity, disabled or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you require accommodations or assistance to complete the online application process, please contact email@example.com and identify the type of accommodation or assistance you are requesting. Do not include any medical or health information in this email. The Reasonable Accommodations team will respond to your email promptly.