About Standard Chartered
We are a leading international bank focused on helping people and companies prosper across Asia, Africa and the Middle East.
To us, good performance is about much more than turning a profit. It's about showing how you embody our valued behaviours - do the right thing, better together and never settle - as well as our brand promise, Here for good.
We're committed to promoting equality in the workplace and creating an inclusive and flexible culture - one where everyone can realise their full potential and make a positive contribution to our organisation. This in turn helps us to provide better support to our broad client base.
The Role Responsibilities
- Web Product Owner is responsible for the successful implementation of SC web strategy across the globe. The role requires an incumbent who can drive digital growth using prospective and existing customers using SC websites. Web Product Owner answers vital questions, such as how web interactions fit into broader customer experiences such as acquisition, cross-selling, servicing, benefit research and engagement, etc. This individual combines an in-depth knowledge of business objectives, web strategies, and the competitive landscape with a rich background in the digital banking industry to deliver a compelling digital marketing roadmap. This person also handles the day-to-day operations of digital projects, including research, scope development, KPI tracking/reporting, creative briefing, project management, and job execution. He or she is responsible for ensuring that department and division processes and procedures are followed. Web Product Owner is also responsible for developing effective partnerships with key stakeholders and executive sponsors across the organization to create the most effective web strategy, coordinating tactics and execution across numerous teams, driving continuous improvement to our digital properties.
Our Ideal Candidate
- A Bachelor’s degree in IT, Marketing, or a related field
- Proven experience with digital sales, strategic and operational planning, project implementation, performance monitoring, and budgeting guidelines
- Proven experience with improving the website reach, engagement, and conversion with the use of SEO best practices, functional web design, and frictionless customer journeys
- Experience in using User Experience (UX)/User Interface (UI) design best practices to design solutions and a deep understanding of mobile-first and responsive design preferred
- Good knowledge and hands-on experience with HTML/CSS preferred
- Experience working in a Content Management System (CMS)
- Digital technology experience with Google/Adobe Analytics, GTM, DTM, Adobe Launch, Google Optimise
- Experience creating copy for the web which portrays a clear message and accurately reflects the tone and style of the brand preferred
- Ability to acquire quantitative and qualitative data to develop a deep understanding of the customer behavior on the website
- Apply SEO best practices such as content and meta-data optimization and SEO-friendly site architecture to improve SERP rankings and drive traffic
- Excellent communication and presentation skills, including the ability to comprehend and simplify complex ideas both in oral and written form
- Project management experience preferred
- Experience working effectively in leading cross-functional teams to achieve results and meet goals
- Experience in a position demonstrating the ability to negotiate
- Ability to build productive team relationships
- Knowledge of financial products and services
- Experience in agile processes, such as Scrum, Kanban
Apply now to join the Bank for those with big career ambitions.
To view information on our benefits including our flexible working please visit our career pages. We welcome conversations on flexible working.