We are looking for an energetic and talented individual to be a pivotal member of the product team with a focus on the success of the Oracle Construction and Engineering products. This role is focused on the Oracle Construction and Engineering Design & Construction Coordination product.
The Product Manager is responsible for defining & communicating the strategic direction & roadmap, engaging with customers, preparing & executing commercial, go-to-market, and end-of-life plans for each product as necessary. They work with other Product Managers, the User Experience team and Development leads to help ensure success of each product and maximise overall return for stakeholders.
As an overview, this will include:
- Working directly with customers to understand needs, answer queries and get feedback
- Build collaborative relationships with internal and external clients to understand their problems and communicate our solutions.
- Strong strategic thinking, planning and tactical execution and the ability to manage and drive priorities across departments.
- Help build the product roadmap based on market and stakeholder feedback
- Working with the Portfolio Lead, UX and Development teams to deliver the agreed roadmap
- Gather and analyse metrics to ensure the product is successful
- End-of-life planning for products as required
knowledge and Experience
- Ability to understand and articulate product vision and business goals to team
- Business analysis skills to facilitate translation of user needs and product vision to an actionable user stories
- Demonstrated understanding of the techniques and methods of modern product discovery and product delivery
- Understands the difference between output and outcomes
- Ability to listen and communicate clearly with different areas of the business and customers
- Clarity of verbal and written communication to unambiguously define goals and plans
- Ability to work with User Experience teams and have an empathy for good design.
- Ability to work with incomplete information, and comfortable with uncertainty
- Experience in B2B / Enterprise markets.
- Knowledge of construction industry
- Practical knowledge of web-based technologies
- Experience in design and / or user research
- Previous experience with SaaS product development
- Working with remote teams
Qualifications & previous Experience
- 2+ years of practical experience as a Product Manager, Product Owner or Business Analyst
Key Behaviours and personal attributes
- Resourceful, resilient, self-motivated and able to be successful in a non-traditional entrepreneurial team-based environment.
- Comfortable working with all levels of management and be approachable to team members.
- Comfortable working with international virtual teams
- Enjoys being a part of a product team and solving hard problems with engineering and user experience colleagues
- Look beyond the team you work with and build influential relationships with other parts of the organization.
- Understand the market, customers and users, their problems and their needs, and be their advocate within the company
- Understand the competitors’ products in terms of positioning, features and benefits
- Understand our current product suite, and ensuring any product changes map to the wider vision.
- Participate in the creation, management, prioritisation and communication of a strategic direction, product roadmap and backlog for the team. Make decisions based on specific and deep market and metrics analysis
- Understand the commercial and product management strategy and convey these contexts to the team.
- Build collaborative relationships with customers, users and stakeholders to understand their problems and communicate our solutions.
- Lead customer and product discovery activities.
- Support the Portfolio Lead in developing commercial and go-to-market plans.
- Be an advocate for product quality, and ensure that our products provide value and meaningful experiences for our customers
- Collaborate with user experience and interaction designers and engineering to transform ideas into functional software
- Monitor progress during sprints. Resolve with stakeholder input any ambiguities and conflicts with other existing or new functionality
- Work with remote and cross-functional teams and customers
- Work with the team and stakeholders to understand team capacity and realistic workloads
- Work with product marketing, go-to-market, account teams, service, internal and external communications teams to clearly communicate any product information
- Ensure customer-facing departments understand the changes we make to our products
- Contribute and review user documentation
- Gather metrics and feedback from analytics sources, customers and stakeholders to improve the product
- Be a subject matter expert in our products
- Proactively contribute to ongoing process improvement and ensure high-quality outcomes for our customers
- Pro-active in helping others through building capability and supporting peers.
- Ensure commercial success of each product and maximizing overall return for stakeholders (as measure by customer adoption, retention, satisfaction and commercial return)
- Product Strategy / Management
- User Experience team
- Support Service
- Clients /Customers/Users
- Industry Peers
- Sales and Client Operations
Life at Oracle ANZ:
An Oracle career can span industries, roles, countries and cultures, giving you the opportunity to take on new roles and challenges, while blending work and life. Oracle has thrived through 40+ years of change by innovating and operating with integrity while delivering for the top companies in almost every industry. To cultivate the talent that makes this happen, we work hard to create a vibrant and rewarding workplace that celebrates diverse, multi-talented teams where everyone can contribute. We take care of each other, and value giving back to the community. We have flexible work arrangements and offer benefits including generous paid parental leave and comprehensive premium medical insurance... Find out more
Work as part of a team that acts as the central resource and driving force for the design, process, manufacturing, test, quality and marketing of product(s) as they move from conception to distribution. Organize interdepartmental activities ensuring completion of the project/product on schedule and within budget.
As a member of the product development division, you will define product specifications and or strategy. Gather and analyze information to define product specifications and review design specifications. Communicate product strategy and functionality. Initiate and foster relationships with other groups. Review product documentation and collateral. Ensure successful product releases based on corporate priorities.
Duties and tasks are varied and complex, needing independent judgment. Fully competent in own area of expertise. May have project lead role and or supervise lower level personnel. BS or MS degree or equivalent experience relevant to functional area. 4 years of software engineering or related experience.