Miss Amara is looking for a passionate and self driven Product Manager to lead technology projects across our ecommerce company, the ideal candidate would have practical knowledge and proven hands on ability in an ecommerce environment. The role is diverse and will involve leading projects across our multiple Shopify Plus stores, new custom ERP/wholesale platform which allows our wholesale customers to develop their custom range of products from an online platform, as well as integrating various systems, building new features/apps for our website, and building automation across all areas in the company.
Miss Amara was founded with one mission - to create the best possible experience for people shopping for rugs online. Miss Amara is made up of a team that is (crazy) passionate about what they do, and strive to create a team culture that is vibrant, dynamic and supportive.
Since launching in 2014, Miss Amara has experienced rapid growth and is now regarded as one of the emerging e-commerce leaders in the APAC. In 2019 Miss Amara was awarded 109th in the fastest growing companies in APAC (Deloitte Fast 500 APAC), and also was a finalist in the ORIAS (Online Retail Industry Awards).
This is a fantastic opportunity to get in early with a high-growth e-commerce startup with great potential for career progression as the company expands into new markets.
- Own the product roadmap - with projects ranging from website & features (such as self service returns portal) to a new ERP and wholesale platform which allows our wholesale customers to develop their custom range of products from an online platform (completely transforming the wholesale process).
- Own the product lifecycle, from discovery, definition, execution to launch & iteration
- Gain a deep understanding of customer experience, identify and fill product gaps and generate new ideas that grow market share, improve customer experience and drive growth
- Continuously identify opportunities for improvements (growth, efficiencies, improved customer experience) across the business, and build & execute strategies to improve.
- Looks outward to research, market, competitive set, and vendors to identify new opportunities and present to team and stakeholders. Evaluate ideas and drives adoption of leading ideas.
- Grooming the backlog and prioritising dev and UX sprints to deliver a commercially targeted product inline with companies short and long term strategic objective
- Manage and communicate prioritization and trade-offs among customer experience, and operations teams
- Define high quality, simple product roadmaps based on Miss Amara’s strategy and vision
- Develop detailed business requirements and user stories that can be used to create product specifications and architecture
- Communicate (with data), your successes, failures, contribution to the bottom line, lessons learned and mitigation plans to stakeholders
- Managing implementation of changes, new features, and new systems (with external or internal developers/agencies) on our ecommerce sites (currently Shopify Plus) & integrations (ERP, marketing platforms, etc), from creating business requirements, designing interactions with web pages, developing changes (with external or internal developers/agencies), through to testing. Including cross platform optimisation, and testing is completed for an outstanding end to end user experience.
- Vendor management: Serve as point-person to select technology vendors and agencies. Effectively manage NDAs, RFP processes, contract reviews
- Managing external contractors and developers to complete work to required, creating specifications when required
- Write & maintain technical documentation
- 2-3 years product management experience
- Project management certification preferred
- Ability to quickly & accurately gather business requirements and translate into technical design & implementation
- Degree in Computer Science, Statistics or relevant field
- Be a natural & creative problem solver, and figure out to execute requirements in the most cost effective manner while still maintaining best practices
- Strong organisational and project management skills
- Excellent verbal communication skills
- Good problem solving skills
- Attention to detail