About Standard Chartered
We are a leading international bank focused on helping people and companies prosper across Asia, Africa and the Middle East.
To us, good performance is about much more than turning a profit. It's about showing how you embody our valued behaviours - do the right thing, better together and never settle - as well as our brand promise, Here for good.
We're committed to promoting equality in the workplace and creating an inclusive and flexible culture - one where everyone can realise their full potential and make a positive contribution to our organisation. This in turn helps us to provide better support to our broad client base.
The Role Responsibilities
Financial Performance and Profitability
- Responsible for the trade product P&L within the country
- Have clear responsibility over product pricing and management of assets, contingents and the allocation of RWA.
- Directly responsible for driving investment business cases and the business operating model for the product line
- Determine standard product pricing and monitor collection of fee income for the product line
- Development jointly with the Sales team a local strategy to meet country objectives, in line with the overall Transaction Banking strategy.
- Drive end-to-end product performance, improving efficiency through digitization and stakeholder alignment, ensuring growth and scalability.
Product Management and Development
- Directly responsible for articulating the product strategy and executing product initiatives on the annual operating plan in the country for the product in conjunction with the Country Product head and/or head of Trade Product
- Directly responsible for understanding customers’ needs and developing the client value propositions that will address them across all client segments
- Sponsor launches of product enhancements, new products, as required for Trade. Work jointly with Sales and Marketing to develop collaterals for the local market, communicate product launches, organize customer events and develop a sales campaign strategy to ensure that new products meet planned volume and revenue targets
- Ensure training initiatives are executed in country in line with the global commercialization agenda
- Act as the main conduit for championing to Central Product for the product line and Client Access all investment cases (BRD or PAR or its equivalent) for product development or enhancements and for local regulatory requirements
- Responsible for commercialization of new product capabilities by ensuring commercialization plans, targets and infrastructure to maximize success for its launch.
- Understand the needs of customers and prospects and implement structures and solution to meet these needs ensuring delivery of Trade
- Provide ongoing support and training to TB Sales, CIC, CC, GM, Risk and GTO staff to provide assistance to facilitate the closure of large or complex deals
- Maintain a high level of client interaction and activity focused on strategic topics that help understand client needs and ensure an appropriate set of solutions delivered.
Risk Management & Governance
- Identify and mitigate the Operational, Credit, Regulatory and Business conduct risks relating to Trade products within the region
- Ensure Country compliance on Group standard for Audit, Control and financial reporting, including reporting of risks to BORF
- Work with operation to improve overall service standards and to ensure that quality of service to customers remains superior to competition
- Ensure timely renewal of country addendums (CAs) to PPGs and proactively work with stakeholders to identify and quantify new and existing risks. Actively participate in NPC roll out and execution in the region.
Regulatory & Business Conduct
- Display exemplary conduct and live by the Group’s Values and Code of Conduct.
- Take personal responsibility for embedding the highest standards of ethics, including regulatory and business conduct, across Standard Chartered Bank. This includes understanding and ensuring compliance with, in letter and spirit, all applicable laws, regulations, guidelines and the Group Code of Conduct.
- Work with the Team to achieve the outcomes set out in the Bank’s Conduct Principles: Fair Outcomes for Clients; Effective Financial Markets; Financial Crime Compliance; The Right Environment.
- Effectively and collaboratively identify, escalate, mitigate and resolve risk, conduct and compliance matters.
VMT markets supply chain finance solutions to suppliers of our Buyer clients.
VMT’s primary purpose is to market Vendor Prepay & Trade Payable Management programmes (VPP & TPM) and enrol suppliers nominated by our Buyer clients. VMTs are expected to perform supplier analysis and define a clear supplier marketing and enrolment strategy specific to each programme. VMTs focus on active supplier calling to maximize the supplier program sign up ratio. VMTs deploy different marketing techniques tailor made to each program to facilitate interest and program utilization.
- Work with Buyer client and internal coverage teams to define supply chain finance program marketing strategy and approach - partner with Relationship or Sales Managers in and out of VPP & TPM supplier markets to deepen supply chain finance wallet share with clients at global level
- Effectively promote SCF proposition to suppliers via various marketing techniques tailor made to the program
- Work closely with RM, Sales and Implementation Managers to ensure good supplier uptake, smooth first draw down and program launch
- Enrol suppliers in a quick and easy manner
- On-going management for VPP & TPM program, e.g. vendor program exit, profile update, periodic review of vendor if required, monitor and drive up program utilization, revenue realisation etc.
- Leverage digital tools, i.e. online supplier enrolment portal or other digital solutions to enhance supplier experience
- Assist VPP & TPM related RFP and responses from VMT perspective
- Support digital agenda and innovation to streamline supplier enrolment processes and improve efficiency
- Refer enrolled suppliers to other business segments for cross sell. Support pre to post deal opportunities as well as FX and deep tiering financing for suppliers
- Observe and act on global VMT business processes, policies and control measures
- Speed to market for new programme launch
- Programme level supplier sign-up ratio and TAT
- Programme utilization and revenue realization
- Prompt NTB referrals to CB and BB for cross-sell and effective conversion
- Continuous improvement in VMT DOI and TAT
- Strong adoption rate for digital solutions
Our Ideal Candidate
- Strong sales and interpersonal skills with an ability and knowledge to articulate trade product, supply chain finance program benefits
- Ability to negotiate and understand legal agreements supporting trade product solutions
- Strong project and process management skills
- General Cash and FX competence
- Ability to engage RM, Sales & Implementation Manager as well as LPM & VMT in other markets to ensure bank delivers its commitment
- Strong analytical and program marketing skill
- Language skill – fluent in both English and Bahasa Indonesia.
- Minimum 8 years work experience in banking or other relevant financing/credit/sales roles
Apply now to join the Bank for those with big career ambitions.
To view information on our benefits including our flexible working please visit our career pages. We welcome conversations on flexible working.