In Asia Pacific, BNP Paribas is one of the best-positioned international financial institutions with an uninterrupted presence since 1860. Currently with over 17,000 employees* and a presence in 13 markets, BNP Paribas provides corporates, institutional and private investors with product and service solutions tailored to their specific needs. It offers a wide range of financial services covering corporate & institutional banking, wealth management, asset management, insurance, as well as retail banking and consumer financing through strategic partnerships.
Worldwide, BNP Paribas has a presence in 73 markets with more than 196,000 employees. It has key positions in its three main activities: Domestic Markets and International Financial Services (whose retail-banking networks and financial services are covered by Retail Banking & Services) and Corporate & Institutional Banking, which serves two client franchises: corporate clients and institutional investors. Asia Pacific is a key strategic region for BNP Paribas and it continues to develop its franchise in the region.
BNP Paribas offers you an exciting career in an international business environment that is fast-paced, diverse and focuses on creating high-value relationships with our clients. We offer competitive salary and benefits, as well as a working environment where you’re valued as part of the team.
* excluding partnerships
[...] role sits within the Investment Analytics and Data Services (IADS) business line, a part of BNP Paribas Securities Services (BP2S). The business mission is to design, promote and maintain best-in-class analytics and reporting solutions, as well as new data services. These solutions are tailored for institutional investors, to support their regulatory obligations, investment models and meet their increased demands for data consolidation and advanced analytics. The three key pillars of the business are:
• a Trusted Data factory that supports the business through advanced data models and services
• a best-in-class Business Analytics & Reporting offer to provide clients with advanced analytics
• Technical expertise and product consulting for internal and external clients of Investment Analytics in Asia Pacific
Purpose of the role
The purpose of the role is to work at a management level position within the IADS (Investment Analytics and Data as a Service) function. There are four core aspects to the role:
The role will primarily focus on leading the product development and management of ESG Risk Analytics solutions. This includes dedicated responsibilities for the development of the Investment Analytics and Data Services product roadmap, the definition of the product proposition and supporting the associated business operating models for Investment Analytics and Data Services. The role acts as an internal business engine focused on helping to support and grow BNP Paribas Securities Services’ business in ESG and ESG Risk Analytic Services in collaboration with other business lines of BNP Paribas when implementing solutions.
Strategic programs, partnerships and joint ventures development involving the Group:
Monitor, coordinate and design strategic programs/projects related to ESG solutions. They are run in partnership with other departments within the Group or external partners. The aim will be to establish robust partnerships and joint ventures with these stakeholders.
Research & Innovation:
Identify how and where our offer needs to be developed or strengthen leveraging client inputs, competitor analysis, consultants, conferences and other BNP Paribas entities. Take also advantage of internal, academic and regulatory research to assure our ESG products stay at the edge of innovation. Develop proof of concepts & prototypes, in co-design mode if needed to meet market and client needs. Share the insights with BNP Paribas teams
Sales and business development support: the role requires close collaboration with our client Development teams in order to promote BNPP and its ESG products to existing client and future prospects via product presentations, thought leadership sessions, contributions to RFPs and Product Demos
Build and strengthen product management function for ESG Risk Analytics:
• Prepare product pricing strategies and maintain product rate cards (developing and maintaining pricing models, pricing guidelines, setting pricing strategy; reviewing and approving financial proposals; managing unit costs with operations to enable BNP Paribas to compete; monitoring and managing product profitability Work to develop market leading services and products aligned to the strategic objectives of IADS and BPSS
• Manage the product change control process for the platforms supporting Investment Analytical services, including preparation of business cases and feasibility studies and prioritization of change requests
• Design and maintain global service definition documentation and relevant elements of sales collateral for the product (Standard SLD, Product Description in marketing catalogue, story boards, standard scope of services documents, ‘demo’ environments and scripts…)
• Propose business cases, and product approval documents for any new developments
• Roll-out of new products, features, enhancements for Australasian clients from a global development roadmap
• Participate to Investment Analytics & Data Services product governance (monthly calls, regular reporting, seminars…)
• Understand and document risks involved for IADS & the BNP PARIBAS (owner of TAC/NAC process)
Strategic programs, partnerships and joint ventures involving the Group
Drive the development and maintenance of a holistic product strategy and associated roadmap for ESG Risk Analytics in APAC.
• Monitor, coordinate and design strategic projects related to ESG Risk Analytics within BNP PARIBAS
• Establish robust partnerships and joint ventures with other business lines within BNP PARIBAS
• When needed, establish strategic partnerships with external suppliers, Fintechs and Market data providers in coordination with the global IADS teams and other relevant BNP PARIBAS stakeholders
• Identify/validate target market segments in co-ordination with the heads of client Lines building and executing a product development road-map achieve and maintain competitive advantage, and to meet agreed financial targets
• Provide consultation and advisory services based on market best practices to regulators as an expert in Investment Analytics & Data Services
Research & Innovation:
• Monitor the market place and existing clients, identifying trends and potential opportunities for new product development / investment
• Undertake competitor analysis by gathering client, consultants and market intelligence
• Create prototypes and POC in co-creation mode with clients ( whenever possible)
• Participate in conferences, ESG Communication campaigns and client surveys.
• Focus on coordinating the implementation of innovations to support and secure our future client pipeline.
• This involves specification, design, testing and deployment of new technical solutions
• Work with the Client delivery teams and global IADS Product teams in translating client experiences into potential product opportunities.
Sales and Business Development Support:
• Work closely with the Sales and Business Development team on various client pitches, RFPs, due diligence meetings and other discussions / negotiations
• Product and update marketing and sales collateral on an ongoing basis
• Active involvement in industry award submissions, surveys, pitches and other market-related initiatives
• Engage with top clients on product proposition / requirements and take feedback as input into product development
• Provide support for client on-boarding, where required, from a product perspective (e.g. operating model design, solutions to bespoke requirements etc.)
• Support new business proposals: approving clients, price, terms, service specification; developing proposals with Coverage for larger/complex deals
• Masters degree in finance or equivalent
• 8-10 years of experience in the financial services industry, with at least five years of product management experience on asset fund services products
• Deep theoretical knowledge of financial instruments (equity, fixed income, derivatives, swaps, forwards, mutual funds...)
• Institutional market experience preferred, especially on Asian markets
• Demonstrated success defining and launching products in RISK Management and/or ESG
• Capability to undertake detailed analysis and to formalize documentation to support the product lifecycle
• Operational experience in the financial services industry working directly on Investment Analytical services (performance / attribution / risk / compliance)
• Excellent Presentation Skills
• Recommended understanding of the technology and systems supporting the products with direct knowledge of core analytical platforms in Risk and ESG
• Leadership skills, Ability to influence and inspire
• Accountable – Take personal responsibility; deliver against personal and team goals
• Attention to Detail – Ensure correctness and quality in work
• Confidentiality – Demonstrate discretion in what you do, both internally and externally
• Communication – Effective verbal and written communication & effective interpersonal ability
• Leadership Ability – perform a strategic role in defining IRP product evolution and sales
• Maturity & Judgement – demonstrate the ability to deal effectively with complex issues, learning from experience, assessing issues using relevant information and applying intuition. Make informed and considered decisions.
• Results Focused – Understands the strategic objectives of the business/team and works or delegates to ensure their achievement with a quality focus.
• Risk Aware Entrepreneurship – ensure that IRP does not overextend our offers to market; demonstrate strong understanding of the operational and cost impact of product sales decisions; ensure risks are shared with senior management
• Teamwork – Works cohesively with a team of senior IRP professionals to define and deliver against strategy, demonstrates sound intuition and political awareness.
• Time Management – Prioritises, delegates and manage workflows effectively to achieve individual and team goals
Primary Location: SG-06-Singapore
Job Type: Standard / Permanent
Job: FINANCIAL AND TECHNICAL EXPERTISE