Due to COVID-19, many of our essential Government Departments required for the setup of new employees are operating very restricted services.
Therefore, we are not in a position to accept applications from candidates who do not currently possess a PPS number and an Irish Bank Account.
Please do not apply for Open Positions if you are living outside of Ireland during these restrictions.
We will update our Job Descriptions as these restrictions lift.
Thank you for your Co-operation. Keep safe.
888spectate are looking for an experienced Product Owner to join our Product team. The ideal candidate will have excellent product management skills to assist the team in the delivery of product features in a specified timeline.
WHO ARE WE?
888spectate is part of the 888 Group, a global leader in the online gaming industry for over 20 years. 888 is listed on the London Stock Exchange since 2005. 888 offer an innovative and world-class experience in online games including casino, poker, sports betting and bingo. In Dublin we are developing the next generation of 888’s sports betting platform.
Through innovation we aspire to give our customers the most compelling and entertaining gaming experience possible. We are bringing the very best in e-Commerce practices to the sportsbook sector.
WHAT WE WANT:
This is a key strategic position for 888 spectate. The Product Owner will work with our Agile software engineering teams to successfully deliver features and products to the market. They will be responsible for certain key functional areas of the product and will work with Product Stakeholders to help define business requirements, working with scrum teams to translate these to technical tasks and assist the team in the delivery of product features in a specified timeline. Our ideal candidate would have experience as a Business Analyst or Product Owner.
• Attend requirement gathering workshops in order to define user stories for product features
• Build and refine the product backlog. Create and prioritise stories that align with the product roadmap and release goals
• Work in sync with our Product Management team, contributing to product vision, roadmap and release planning
• Act as a point of communication between the business and software development
• Be a champion of user experience and define and execute user stories that ensure superior customer experience when using feature/product
• Use agile/scrum methodologies to help drive and deliver product releases.
• Help remove any impediments that the development team face during the product life cycle.
• Provide business with updates on project status while record and communicate any Risks or Issues that may impact project deadlines
• Work collaboratively across all functional departments including marketing, sales, support, professional services, architecture and others and drive communication of releases including new features and defects to internal and external stakeholders.
• Involvement in the project planning & support of software solution development projects through the project lifecycle.
• In-depth knowledge of how Scrum Agile works in a software development environment.
• 3-5 years in a Software Engineering or Software support role
• Experience in developing Consumer focused web applications
• Experience in Agile development (particularly Scrum) in organizing and motivating teams to succeed
• Demonstrated experience in writing user stories, acceptance criteria and Agile software development
• Bachelor’s degree in relevant technical field
• Certification or experience in areas related to Product Management, Scrum or Agile methodologies
• Delivering Results and Meeting Customer Expectations
• Adapting & Responding to Change
• Excellent communication and technical skills
• Experience with dealing with third party suppliers.
• Ability to work in a dynamic and flexible environment with strong skill of exerting influence
• Strong technical aptitude; programming and/or UX (User Experience) background a strong plus
• Experience with some of: Python, MySQL, PHP, HTML5, CSS3 , ReactJS, Jira a plus
• Experience in online gambling web applications highly desirable