Relayr is the Industrial Internet of Things (IIoT) powerhouse delivering the most complete solution for risk-free digital transformations. We unleash data insights from existing equipment, machines and production lines to improve our customers’ business outcomes.
We provide a unique combination of first-class IIoT technology and its delivery with powerful financial and insurance offerings — all from a single source trusted by hundreds of companies worldwide. With around 300 employees, we are a truly global family with locations in Germany, the USA, Poland, Italy, France, and the UK. Named twice the hottest start-up in Berlin by WIRED magazine and a winner of The Spark - the German Digital Award, relayr is now part of the Munich Re group.
Relayr's product design team delivers innovative ideas that provide true value to our customers. We share a desire for continuous improvement while challenging the status quo. Currently we are looking for a Product Owner for our Design System managing our shared design language, frontend components and product features. You will be based in our Berlin office.
At relayr our goal is to help modernize traditional businesses by building cutting edge technical solutions that meet the individual needs of our customers. Our Design System is the foundation on which our individual customer projects and industry-specific products are built. It contains design principles, patterns, layouts and best practices, as well as a set of centralized React components and larger features that express these ideas in ready-to-use code.
The relayr Design System began as a collaboration between our designers, developers, and technical writers, with input from various other internal stakeholders. As relayr takes on new customer projects and develops products that address additional industrial categories, we need a dedicated Product Owner to make sure the Design System can support and guide our delivery efforts.
Your main goal will be to assess our roadmap, take input from our Design Team, other Product Owners, and Developers, and prioritize development of the Design System accordingly.
- Define clear and specific use cases and user stories, based on the roadmap of relayr products, and use these to fill the Design System with shared features, patterns, components, and guidelines.
- Prioritise and create a backlog based on relayr’s roadmap and discussions with product owners and project managers.
- Be a program manager that orchestrates DS release strategy and schedules with all our delivery schedules for projects and products.
- Brief designers, developers and writers on the creation of components, patterns and guidelines.
- Create a culture within the team that supports effective, iterative collaboration towards a shared goal.
- Define short-term sprint goals and long-term strategy.
- Establish qualitative and quantitative tracking and communicate progress and success into the organisation.
- At least 5 years experience as a Product Owner or similar role in product management.
- You have a good understanding of design principles and deliverables as well as engineering best practices and technical limitations.
- You always keep the customer at the centre of your focus.
- You are able to effectively prioritize the needs of the internal stakeholders.
- You have experience working with design systems.
- You are used to a highly collaborative environment between developers and designers.
- You are familiar with agile software development methods and tools.
- You proactively identify opportunities for improvement, proposing viable solutions and industry best practices.
- You have excellent communication skills in English, German is a plus.
- Flexible office environment and a modern office located in Kreuzberg with a relaxation room, standing-desks, free fruits, and a high-end espresso machine
- Relayrians come from all over the world, speak 20+ languages (working language is English), and welcome people of all ages and parental statuses. Our customers are as diverse as we are - join us to connect with a network of companies and people from around the globe
- An extensive on-boarding period so you can get up to speed with the rest of the team
- A learning environment where you can build upon your skills and interests, share knowledge, access our expanding professional library, and attend events and conferences pertaining to your discipline. We also offer free German classes at all levels
- Have some fun with regular team lunches and offsites, a yearly company summit, and our branded goodies
- Competitive salary
- We fully support your move to Berlin with a relocation budget and visa assistance. We'll help you settle into your exciting new city!
- 25 paid vacation days + public holidays
- We offer the ability to work in a cutting-edge field with the best people in the IoT industry!
Sound interesting? Please apply using the link:
[...] relayr, we are passionate about creating an inclusive workplace that promotes and values diversity. As firm believers in the power of different perspectives, we encourage our employees to share knowledge and exchange bold ideas to help innovation in the IoT industry thrive.We are committed to creating a fair, supportive, and open environment for all.