Manitowoc is seeking his Supervisor to be based in his plant in Portugal.In this role, you manage your production workshop under backlog in respect of safety, quality of product, cost and production time.
Essential Job Functions:
- Responsible for the manufacturing of your workshop based on the backlog and productivity targets.
- Manage work teams
- Ensure proper control of process
- Manage the storage space of your workshop and ensure it is cleaned up
- Coordinate processes and actions to support the production teams
- Follow up the implementation of the Safety Management System (Self inspection, accident analysis ...) of your unit
- Ensure the quality of manufactured products in your workshop.
- Follow the customer complaints (internal and external)
- Follow and communicate the quality indicators of your workshop.
- Ensure compliance with service level (just-in-time, zero defect…)
- Responsible for tracking and inventory control of your workshop.
- Higher Education qualifications in the field of Welding Engineering / Mechanical Engineering / Engineering and Industrial Management / Materials Engineering
- Minimum 2 years experience in shift management and coordination of multifunctional teams, preferably in the industrial context
- Good knowledge of manufacturing processes and production capacity
- Experience in the welding field (preferential)
- Mastery of tools and methods for continuous improvement
- Organizational skills, initiative, responsiveness, ability to manage information from many different sources.
- Autonomy, decision-making capacity.
- Interpersonal skills, natural authority, team spirit and collective persuasiveness
- Proficiency in English
- Knowledge of SAP
Manitowoc is a standalone cranes business, creating market leading lifting solutions and manufacturing a range of innovative products and unparalleled product support services. Manitowoc’s strong brand signals our industry leadership, provides a competitive edge, and builds on our reputation for excellence. Since 1902, the vision of Manitowoc’s founding fathers have made Manitowoc a strong, respected global organization throughout the world. Today, The Manitowoc Way culture promotes innovation and velocity to better compete in an ever changing world and we are poised for success in the crane industry for many years to come. Whether lifting solutions require crawler, boom, telescoping, or tower cranes, Manitowoc’s ingenuity will be there to Build Something Real for its customers, investors, employees, and partners.