Would you like to grow your technical accounting skills? As a PSM you’re always the expert on changing accounting requirements, internally and when engaging with customers. The role of Professional Services Manager is a great way to learn a fast growing, fast paced technology that will be required more and more in the accounting world due to mandates like ESEF. Using your accounting background, you will engage directly with customers from all different industries in EMEA. If you speak French, German, Italian or Spanish on a business level as well as English, you're invited to apply.
The Professional Services Manager is responsible for providing high-value consultative technical accounting subject matter expertise, knowledge, project support and guidance to customers in order to facilitate use of Workiva technology and ensure the highest quality customer experience. You will serve as a key accounting technical expert and apply your advanced accounting acumen to customers on a project basis, providing customer project management, XBRL data modeling, mapping, tagging and review of customer XBRL projects in compliance with quality and customer satisfaction standards. As an integral part of the Professional Services team, the Professional Services Manager augments the user’s in-house accounting abilities to optimize the customer’s success, manages the customer relationship to ensure expectations and obligations are fulfilled, and partners with other Workiva internal teams on initiatives that address customer needs, product utilization and improving department efficiencies to help meet company goals.
What You'll Do:
Provides Subject Matter Expertise: Applies advanced accounting expertise to facilitate use of Workiva technology and enable customers to create and submit high-quality XBRL-tagged interactive data files in compliance with Regulator standards
- Mapping: Maps the Financial Statements and Notes, and Financial Statement Schedules to the appropriate XBRL Taxonomy (IFRS, US-GAAP, HMRC, etc..): ? Reviews the statements, notes, and schedules and gain an understanding of the amounts presented to identify the related accounting standards concepts in the appropriate Taxonomy ? Reviews the accounting policies ? Familiarizes self with the industry accounting disclosures specific to Workiva customers ? Creates filings in accordance with best practices ? Performs research using Accounting Research Manager, as needed
- Modeling: Models the XBRL Mapping, utilizing the applicable Taxonomy, selecting the appropriate line item concepts, axis, and members o Creates customized entity taxonomies and create taxonomy extensions utilizing the appropriate accounting standard
- Tagging: Tags the values in the companies’ Financial Statements and Notes, and Financial Statement Schedules with the concepts identified o Determines whether values are stated at a point in time (Balance Sheet), or over a period of time (P&L), and whether monetary values represent debits or credits o Applies knowledge of the different components of the cash flow and equity statements, presentation and disclosure requirements for: Stock Based Compensation, Fair Value, Derivatives, Pensions, Income Taxes, Inventory, Investments, Property Plant and Equipment
- Maintains thorough knowledge of taxonomies, regulations, and accounting standards' changes
- Proactively stays current with industry trends, updates on accounting standards and regulatory requirements, identifying and applying new skills as needed to perform tasks efficiently and effectively
- Manages Projects and Customer Relationships: Executes projects effectively and efficiently to deliver on-time, on- budget, high-quality results and ensures customer expectations are met
- Manages multiple customers and services ranging from comprehensive full service projects to more limited support for more self-sufficient customers
- Responds in a timely fashion to resolve outstanding customer issues and inquiries and manages issue resolution or assists customers as appropriate depending on the type of engagement
- Provides Team Manager and customer with updates and trend information that impacts areas of responsibility
- Keeps Team Manager informed of progress and obstacles related to ongoing projects; seeks feedback and responds appropriately to improve work performance and optimize project success
- Works closely with Workiva Customer Success team members who also support customer filings
- Proactively partners with other members of Professional Services team(s), providing support as necessary to help in accomplishing their goals and ensuring excellent customer service
- Advances Workiva Initiatives: Supports initiatives that address customer needs, product utilization for both new and existing products and improving department efficiencies to help meet company goals
- Collaborates with other internal teams such as Product Development, Sales, Marketing and Knowledge and Education to provide subject matter expertise in customer presentations, the roll out of new products or service offerings, user group training and other initiatives to improve the customer experience
- Provides feedback to Product Management and Development regarding customers’ emerging or unmet product needs
- Enhances department efficiencies and service offerings to maximize the impact and adoption of Workiva software solutions
What You'll Need:
- Advanced technical accounting skills and proficiency with financial accounting systems required
- Sound knowledge of and competency with ESMA, HMRC, CIPC, SEC and SEDAR reporting requirements preferred
- Strong IFRS (or other accounting standards where applicable) acumen and understanding of financial reporting, a must
- Exceptional customer-facing communication and interpersonal skills: able to understand and articulate the needs of the customer and deliver on those needs
- Strong communication (verbal, listening and writing) skills
- Self-motivated and action-driven with the ability to take initiative, execute and follow-through
- Well organized with outstanding project management and time management skills with ability to allow for contingencies, prioritize multiple and potentially overlapping customer requirements and planned filing dates
- Proven ability to meet established timelines
- Personal, adaptable and flexible with the ability to work successfully in a high-energy, fast paced, rapidly changing environment is necessary
- Ability to multi-task and manage multiple projects, processes, programs, and procedures simultaneously while working under pressure to meet deadlines, organizational goals and initiatives
- Demonstrates strong sense of customer service with ability to identify customer needs and expectations and respond in a timely and effective manner
- Demonstrates strong teamwork orientation
- Minimum of 2-3 years experience working in a CPA firm or financial reporting environment is preferred
- Proven track record of delivering projects, on time, on budget and to a high quality standard
- Successful experience working cooperatively and collaboratively with others in a team environment
- B.A./B.S. degree in accounting or finance required, master’s degree preferred
- Chartered Accountant certification is preferred
- Applicable experience (above) in lieu of education requirements
Where You’ll Work
Our values drive how we work and who we hire. You will see these values ingrained in how we support our customers, work with team members, build our products and in the work environment we’ve created.
- Customer Success: Always delight our customers.
- Trust: Rely on each other.
- Integrity: Do the right thing, every time.
- Collaboration: Share resources and work together.
- Innovation: Keep creating solutions and finding better ways.
- Inclusion: Support a diverse community where we all belong.
- Accountability: Be responsible for your success and failure.
We believe our people are our greatest asset, and our unique culture gives employees the opportunity to make an impact everyday. We give our employees the freedom and resources they need—backed by our culture of collaboration and diverse thought—to continue innovating and breaking new ground. We hire talented people with a wide range of skills and experiences who are eager to tackle some of today’s most challenging problems.
At Workiva, you’ll enjoy:
- Casual Dress: Workiva has a casual work environment, most people wear jeans to the office.
- Involvement: Ability to participate in Employee Resource Groups, (Women in Tech, Women in Sales, Ethnic Diversity, Veterans, Rainbow (LGBTQ), Remote Employees, Caregiving) Volunteering, Company wide celebrations, and more
- Work-life Balance: We have competitive PTO, VTO and Parental Leave. We encourage employees to spend time enjoying life outside of work.
Learn more: [...] is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. We believe that great minds think differently. We value diversity of backgrounds, beliefs, and interests, and we recognize diversity as an important source of intellectual thought, varied perspective, and innovation. Employment decisions are made without regard to age, race, creed, color, religion, sex, national origin, ancestry, disability status, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression genetic information, marital status, citizenship status or any other protected characteristic.
Workiva is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to applicants with disabilities. To request assistance with the application process, please email email@example.com.