Posting Number S01191P Position Title Program Assistant Department School of Social Work FLSA Salary Not listed. Grant Funded No Location Main Campus Faculty, Staff, Admin or Student Staff Number of Vacancies 1 Position Summary
The School of Social Work at Jackson State University is accepting applications for its Program Assistant position. The Program Assistant requires excellent performance or major administrative tasks to facilitate smooth operations of the School.
Minimum Required Education
Minimum Required Experience
See minimum required experience.
Minimum Required Licenses and/or Certifications
See knowledge, skills, and abilities along with the job duties and responsibilities.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Must be detail-oriented, possess energy, enthusiasm, and initiative.
- Have a working knowledge of word processing, spreadsheet applications, and internet/web utilization.
- Proficient in computer applications such as Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Publisher.
- Have strong written and oral communication skills.
- Must know how to operate and troubleshoot electronic office equipment and maintain a complex filing system.
Job Duties and Responsibilities
- Assist students, faculty, and administration in general office operations of the School of Social Work.
- Arrange and schedule appointments/meetings and make travel arrangements.
- Assist in organizing and coordinating the program and school events.
- Obtain office supplies and other items needed by the department by preparing purchase requisitions and maintaining inventory.
- Prepare and proofread correspondence, reports, and other documents.
- Organize and maintain paper and electronic filing systems pertaining to the information on students and faculty.
- Research, collect, and compile information as requested.
- Assist in the admission process by maintaining the database of required applicant information, maintaining applicant files, and preparing correspondences to applicants, and answering questions.
- Support the School of Social Work by performing all other duties as assigned.
- Relays oral and written messages accurately and promptly.
- Organizes, stores, retrieves, and integrates information of dissemination to administrators, faculty, staff, and/or students.
- Distributes information electronically and and via postal services and telephone .
Jackson State University is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Background Check Statement
Jackson State University is committed to providing a safe campus. JSU conducts background checks for applicants being considered for employment. Background checks include reference checks, criminal history/record check and when appropriate a credit report or driving history report.
Open Date 11/16/2020 Close Date Open Until Filled (overrides close field) Yes Special Instructions to Applicants