Fueled by a fundamental belief that having access to financial services creates opportunity, PayPal (NASDAQ: PYPL) is committed to democratizing financial services and empowering people and businesses to join and thrive in the global economy. Our open digital payments platform gives PayPal’s 325 million active account holders the confidence to connect and transact in new and powerful ways, whether they are online, on a mobile device, in an app, or in person. Through a combination of technological innovation and strategic partnerships, PayPal creates better ways to manage and move money, and offers choice and flexibility when sending payments, paying or getting paid. Available in more than 200 markets around the world, the PayPal platform, including Braintree, Venmo and Xoom enables consumers and merchants to receive money in more than 100 currencies, withdraw funds in 56 currencies and hold balances in their PayPal accounts in 25 currencies.
At PayPal, we put people at the center of everything we do. As a First Line of Defense (FLOD) Control Testing and Monitoring Process Manager, your primary responsibilities will be to assist the First Line of Defense Testing and Monitoring leadership team in the design and execution of the FLOD Control Testing & Monitoring strategy. To do so, you will understand, and design the implementation of a control process to maintain a strong internal control environment while remaining aligned with Second Line of Defense program requirements. This person must possess deep control testing knowledge which can be applied in an evolving testing and quality environment. The successful candidate will conduct ongoing reviews of the company’s control environment, report findings to management with recommendations for improvement. Additionally, the ideal candidate can understand and analyze the processes in place for various areas of the PayPal Enterprise (accounting, procurement, treasury, tax, EDS, Product, etc.) in order to make recommendations to improvements in our control testing approach. The Process Manager will regularly interact with all departments within PayPal that include, but are not limited to Internal Control Business Partners, Legal Counsel, the Executive Team, and Various Departments (i.e. Finance, Product, Risk Services, etc.) that are impacted by testing and monitoring processes. These interactions should drive an increased awareness around the risks to our business as well as create a collaborative environment between departments.
- Work cross-functionally on control testing processes to identify process opportunities that reduce risk to the Enterprise and reinforce a culture of risk awareness and prevention through the testing function and reporting of results.
- Build strong relationships and look for opportunities to support improvements for both internal and external customers.
- Design, implement and execute ongoing risk monitoring supporting the Enterprise Risk Assessment process (decide testing scope, sampling methodology etc.).
- Participate in calibrations sessions with Testing & Monitoring specialists and Functional Area leaders to ensure understanding of program expectations, alignment on testing performance and intake feedback on improvements to increase the effectiveness of the program.
- Know and support company and departmental procedures
- Champion change in department / functional area by supporting others through the phases of change, communicate positively and consistently through the change
- Stay abreast of operational processes and the ever-changing regulatory environment.
- As a Sr. Leader you will become a significant resource to other departments in and around PayPal; it is important to support other FLOD Center of Excellence Team Members as well other departments that come to you seeking guidance and support
- Operates with minimal supervision as an experienced leader with a robust understanding of industry and internal best practices; independently resolves a wide range of issues; Acts as deputy when department Leader is out of office.
Prerequisite Knowledge and Proficiencies :
- Deep control testing knowledge and experience within a financial services organization.
- Strong communication skills in all formats (verbal, written). Ability to effectively communicate with teammates, peer leaders and business unit management.
- Working knowledge of compliance requirements, credit and fraud methodologies or internal control/operational risk testing practices.
- Project management abilities, including tracking, communicating, and meeting deadlines.
- Must display a high level of professionalism, sound judgment, commitment, integrity, teamwork, and customer service.
- Self-motivated and team oriented to creatively solve challenges and celebrate successes.
- Advanced analytical, cross-referencing, and deductive reasoning skills. Ability to problem-solve, review, and analyze data, locate its source, effectively assess risk, identify root cause of issues and identify operational efficiencies. Ability to determine best course of action/make sound recommendations for correction of testing/monitoring findings.
- Enjoys working in a fast-paced environment while maintaining composure and able to make sound decisions under pressure.
- Demonstrated attention to detail and knowledge of multiple functions within PayPal
- Proficient in the use of a personal computer and its applications, including Windows and Windows based applications (Word, Excel, Power Point, etc.).
- 8+ years of relevant experience, with a minimum of 5 years successfully managing a risk and controls testing framework within a large institution
- Experience managing a global program or process within multi-cultural team
- Experience using Lean Six Sigma/Six Sigma process
- Knowledge of internal systems and software (CSA, Norkom, NICE, Kana, Intranet, Admin Tools, Attack)
- BS/BA Degree or educational equivalent
Our world-class culture is something we’re proud of. We’re committed to creating a thriving and inclusive workplace with great benefits including:
- Excellent medical and dental benefits
- Competitive salary
- Savings plans with company match / Employee Stock Purchase Plan
- Generous time off policies
- Ongoing training, tuition reimbursement and support to help you realize your full career potential
- Community fundraising and volunteer opportunities
- PayPal’s sabbatical program provides four weeks of paid time off after every five years of service.
- Active social groups
We're a purpose-driven company whose beliefs are the foundation for how we conduct business every day. We hold ourselves to our One Team Behaviors which demand that we hold the highest ethical standards, to empower an open and diverse workplace, and strive to treat everyone who is touched by our business with dignity and respect. Our employees challenge the status quo, ask questions, and find solutions. We want to break down barriers to financial empowerment. Join us as we change the way the world defines financial freedom.
PayPal provides equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all persons regardless of age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, religion, creed, gender, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, genetic information, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. In addition, PayPal will provide reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities. If you are unable to submit an application because of incompatible assistive technology or a disability, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.